new network concern

hay i am using comodo internet security version 3.10 on xp sp3 machine.
my network internet->router->computers.

when the new network popup came i accepted and it was my Pc’s IP.
then changed it to my router’s IP in my network zones.
then put in into trusted via stealth port wizard along with loopback.

was right way to do it? or should i of used the IP range from the router (which uses dynamic ip).

i just made more sense to point it to router since router is the network and firewall policies will apply to the network so all computers on the router will communicate with pc with comodo while the rules being enforced on the pc with comodo.

And Also should the LAN Broadcast Address be put into the Trusted List?

thanks for help in advance :slight_smile:

When you only want the router to be trusted you did the right thing. When you want to share files over the network you should make the whole local network trusted.

thankz for answering :slight_smile:
ok so i should put the whole ip range into trusted (because i share files and so on)?
and Lan Broadcast ip?

Indeed.

ok thanx for the help eric.
also i am getting a sophomore DHCP Warning.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address [Address Here]. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

I have implemented the ip range into trusted and global rule allow UDP to ports for DHCP.
i am Hoping this is not a precursor to DHCP holding my IP.

is there anything else i can do to prevent DHCP Not Working (regrading Comodo)?

Can you show us a screenshot of the firewall logs (Firewall → Common Tasks → View Firewall Events)?

Googling the error report gives some troubleshoot tips:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistanetworking/thread/c3fc9f5d-c073-4a9f-bb3d-b7bb8f893f78

Looking at the Google results shortly it seems to be related to network congestion. Do yo have transfer files often and a lot on your local network? Do you have a p2p client, streams and/or FTP program running for long periods?

i looked at the log the last entry was from 22 of july where it blocked some traffic from internet to router (when i was changing the firewall config).and i am not logging allows at the moment.

for traffic mostly syncing and file sharing but no P2P or FTP.