New laptop and leak test fail

Hi Guys
Can anybody help or offer some suggestions. The last laptop I had was an Acer running win7 32 bit and CIS with no other security software. The conf was proactive, sandbox enabled, D+ safe, firewall safe and av stateful. I did the CLT test and and got 340/340. I bought a new laptop from HP with win7 32 bit and the same setup for CIS and failed miserably. I uninstalled CIS and reinstalled with the same results. I tried again but this time with sandbox disabled and D+ in paranoid and failed again. I just dont understand why my previous laptop passed and this one doesn’t. One other problem occurred - when I ran CLT the first time and failed, it also prevented Firefox from opening saying that I do not have enough admin rights. But I turn off D+ and Firefox worked again. This is when I uninstalled CIS and reinstalled again, Firefox worked as well. Also with both machines I stripped and repartioned them both and made sure that all the software was the same.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

shadha :comodo110:

Hello,

Have you tried to turn off the UAC (User Account Control Settings)? Try to
uncheck the option “Automatically detect installers/updaters and run them
outside the Sandbox” and try again the CLT test with your settings above.

Best Regards,
Ovidiu

If this doesn’t work try renaming the leaktest and running it again. It’s possible that there are some rules in place that you’re not aware of.

I tried the first suggestion from Ovidiu G and got 320/340 and wasn’t happy with that. Ran the test again and got 110/340 not very happy again. Tried your suggestion and bad result again. This has got me stumped. I rebooted a couple of times and still no 340/340. I’m looking forward to any input in particular from the dev’s of Melih or anyone who can help.
shadha

I have not got a more than 320/340 with settings above (Win 7; 32 bit; UAC disabled)

I have a win7 64bit laptop running CIS V4…828. Have watched the youtube video and set my configuration accordingly. Ran the LT and results were 200/340. Same results with or without sandbox.
I also have CIS V4…828 installed on windows XP with same configuration and get a 320/340(Impersonation : Coat and RootkitInstallation: ChangeDrvPath, FAILED),same results with or without sandbox.
I then uninstalled CIS and installed Online Armor ++ V4.0.0.49 beta on the win7 64bit laptop and ran the LT and the results were 250/340…
So there’s a dramatic security risk running CIS V4 on a win7 64 bit…versus a win/xp system…

Hello EricJH and Melih,

I don’t know about other people but I am very disappointed that you moved this post to a different section when the problem isn’t even answered your the experts. I don’t see the point of moving my post when there is a serious problem which others may have and may also have an answer to. Perhaps Melih can take a bit more control over what gets moved and what doesn’t. I get the feeling that my problems with CIS is of NO concern to any of the dev’s or experts. Please tell me that I am wrong and please provide some assistance.
shadha

I AGREE!!!