New Install CIS 10

Has anyone put together a list for the most secure settings? Thanks

Switch to proactive configuration for starters. Then under firewall tasks run the stealth port task and choose blocking incoming connections.

Hi Futuretech, If you block incoming connections what exactly would that do? Back on CIS 7or 8 there were a couple of examples put together by mouse 1 and another guy showing which ticks were populated forthe best protection. Maybe that’s changed. I remember one of those suggestions were to block fragment IP traffic in a firewall setting. Maybe default is best, just wondered what all the empty boxes would do if ticked. Thanks for your help.

Blocking incoming prevent outsiders from connecting to any open port by an application that may be listening for incoming connections. I think you’re referring to this which is mostly still relevant for version 10. High quality HDMI cables in comparison - Gizmo's Best

I have taken your advice and went poractive. This is what I was thinking of before it was a step by step of settings with screenshots on a site called Gizmos. Chiron’s guide to installing CIS for maximum security with mimimum alerts sent you to this. High quality HDMI cables in comparison - Gizmo's Best Thanks for your help.