New guy here. Very impressed so far.

I just installed CIS earlier this week, after giving up on my last solution primarily due to firewall issues with Win 7 SP1. So far I really like it, but of course I haven’t used it very long.

I also have SuperAntiSpyware (SAS), which I schedule to run early every morning. Before I had CIS it used to find 2-3 tracking cookies after each morning run. Since I have installed CIS, it finds nothing. That’s pretty impressive. It tells me that CIS is blocking things and being proactive, which is how I think things should be, rather than missing things and then having to be reactive which is how I think most AV/firewall/malware solutions operate.

Anyway, so far so good. Based on my limited experience with CIS I downloaded System Cleaner. It seems to do its job quite well. I’m looking forward to a long relationship with Comodo.

Hi Phog and Welcome. I am glad CIS is treating you well so far, and very much hope it continues to do so. It is also very nice for you to take the time to give feedback. Enjoy CIS, also I hope you enjoy interacting with us all on the Forum. All the best, and Kind regards to you.

welcome aboard Phog, always here to help.

thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback btw.

Melih

Glad to hear everything’s going well for you. :-TU

By the way, about those tracking cookies. If you enable the option to “Block 3rd party cookies” in your browser you should see even less then you did before.

Warning if you have a 64 bit operating system I have found that Comodo’s System Cleaner witch has a registry cleaner with it will try to delete key operating system registry key and if you don’t know witch of these keys shouldn’t be deleted your 64 bit operating system will not reboot. I had this happen to me after I switch from 32 bit to 64 bit. System Cleaner did fine on my 32 bit XP but when I used it on the 64 bit version it came up with keys that was needed to the 64 bit operating system to be able to reboot. And since System Cleaner doesn’t give very good information on what these key are and where it found them well I had to do a reformat of my system. So beware it does fine on 32 bit but be carefull on your 64 bit systems.

I have a 64 bit system. That’s good to know. Thanks.

hmm weird i also had win 7 64 bit. i used to run comodo system cleaner and i never had any problems.

Before I had CIS it used to find 2-3 tracking cookies after each morning run.
If you like just tell us what browser your using and we can post how to easily make the browser remove the tracking cookies everytime you shut down the browser :■■■■ That goes the same for anyboby else here too :-TU

I’m running Firefox 4 beta 12.

Comodo Dragon and Google Chrome!

I'm running Firefox 4 beta 12.
To remove tracking cookies on shutdown for firefox (I don't that version yet, but I'll assume it's the same. If it isn't let me know
  1. open firefox
  2. Click on “Tools”
  3. click on “options”
  4. click on “privacy”
  5. click on the part that says “remember history” and change it to “Use custom settings for history”
  6. Make sure there’s a check mark for “clear history when firefox closes”
  7. Now click on the "settings box
  8. Add a checkmark for “cookies” and anything else you like to remove every time you close firefox
  9. Click “OK” for that screen
  10. Finally Click on “OK” for the other screen
  11. Close firefox and then reopen it
    Done :slight_smile:

Works fine. In Firefox 4 beta 12, you have the option to run the menu bar or not. If you run the menu bar it works as you said, with Tools > Options. If you choose not to use the menu bar you get a menu tab with Options as a part of that. After that it works the same.

If you run the menu bar it works as you said, with Tools > Options. If you choose not to use the menu bar you get a menu tab with Options as a part of that. After that it works the same.
Opsss...... I knew I forgot something :-La Thanks for the info :-TU

also
For you Chrome and it’s variants (depending on the versions)

Delete Cookies in Google Chrome # 1

Open Google Chrome browser and look for the wrench icon at the top of the page for tools.

Choose “Options” and the “Under the Hood” tab.

Click on “Content Settings.”

Check the “Clear cookies and other site data when I close my browser” box to automatically clear cookies. You can remove the cookies by clicking on “Show cookies and other site data” and click on “Remove all.” Close the open screens and return to Google Chrome.

and

For internet 8 users

Delete Tracking Cookies in Internet Explorer 8 # 1

Start InPrivate Browsing by clicking the tab. Internet Explorer will open in a new browser window. You must use this window for the cookies to delete automatically.

Open tabs as you want in that window. They will be protected by InPrivate browsing.

End the InPrivate browsing session by closing the browser window. Closing the window automatically deletes cookies.

Welcome to the Comodo forums … Youll like the stay here … ;D