New CPF Install - ICMP errors

Just installed this s/w and found most things straightforwardbut have an issue with ICMP errors. Not sure what the problem is but the log shows hundreds of these errors. Any clues?
Thanks

Log Scope:: Today
Date/Time :2007-03-18 00:22:17 Severity :Medium
Reporter :Network MonitorDescription:Inbound Policy Violation (Access Denied, ICMP = PORT UNREACHABLE)Protocol:ICMP IncomingSource: 85.25.134.43 Destination: 192.168.0.128 Message: PORT UNREACHABLE Reason: Network Control Rule ID = 9

Date/Time :2007-03-18 00:22:12Severity :Medium
Reporter :Network MonitorDescription:Inbound Policy Violation (Access Denied, ICMP = PORT UNREACHABLE)Protocol:ICMP IncomingSource: 85.25.134.43 Destination: 192.168.0.128 Message: PORT UNREACHABLE Reason: Network Control Rule ID = 9

It’s not an error, just Comodo working and logging what it blocked.

Thanks - perhaps my terminology was wrong. What is the cause of the hundreds of LOG ENTRIES which says that access was denied - Inbound Policy Violation (Access Denied, ICMP = PORT UNREACHABLE. Thanks

This occurs more frequently when you have tons of failed/blocked incoming connections. I get them all the time when running uTorrent, so I created a netmon rule to allow them to speed up downloads a bit. Here’s a start: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,7185.msg52574.html#msg52574

Thanks for the response. I still dont know what they are and what is causing the log entries. The entries appear when the PC is idle. I have created a rule to allow then as described so will see what happens. Thanks

It basically means the other end failed to reach your ports by pinging your computer, which never responded. Hence, the blocks. They may show as “errors” but it’s not. They’re just alerts set up by the default final rule that blocks all connections in and out they didn’t met your rules above it. If you don’t p2p then you don’t have to create such rules to allow it. This is what keeps your computer “stealth” at those test scanning sites.