New Comodo.com website... do u like it?

Dislike it unfortunately, some stuff I really think are bad:

No more link to the comodo forum?? ??? :o

And Iam not a big fan of pushing stuff on a homepage that don’t work/do anything… Like the thing in the top right corner where you select where you are… Nothing happens when I select different options (image attached)??

There are some other stuff I believe could be made better… If I click “Products” for instance… I can still click on E-Comerce, partners… and all those links… However when I press “video blog” we are pushed to a site where there is no way to navigate back without going to the back button… Perhaps some kind of “home” button would be nice… But maby it would just look cluttered… IDK… Just a thought… =)

http://www.comodo.com/products/free-products.php ← That part I disslike as well… Why can I download “Comodo Antivirus” and “Comodo Firewall”??? Its called CIS nowdays and includes both… Also the images there reminds me nothing of CIS or a firewall + AV for that matter… =/ Too much red “varning” stuff that don’t belong there really… I think the images should look and remind of the product!

I think the navigation is worse than before, I believe its harder for instance to find the way to the free security suite unfortunately… =/ However its possible I think that since Iam so used to the old one…

Stuff can be polished… And it looks alright anyways… But there is IMO room for improvements… =)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Greetings all,

1) As for the website improvements:

In Firefox it will not resize or add horizontal scroll bar if the Sidebar is present:

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0497/NotResized.jpg

Why can I download "Comodo Antivirus" and "Comodo Firewall" ??? Its called CIS nowdays and includes both..
[b]2)[/b] Despite downloading Comodo's Antivirus and Firewall as a separate entities does not reflect current situation it can be considered as potential improvement as well.

That would be extremely nice indeed having the ability to download and use those two completely independently

Cheers!

New design looks good and cleaner.
I Don’t like a lot of alphabetic web page or program.

Nice Work :-TU

I am a new member, but I have been using Comodo for quite sometime now and it works for just perfectly. Thanks to the Comodo Team.

I just visited the site and it looks pretty good. :-TU

Keep it coming Comodo Team!

Emo Quiz

Finally we’re seeing some consistency between the website and the products. :slight_smile: Now we need consistent product interfaces across the board. EasyVPN and CIS 4 will have have these :slight_smile: (VPN already has it)

Nice work :-TU

While it looks good & flashy, I can’t feel the usability to the new page.
I like the new logo.
But my ‘love’ just stop there.

I haven’t used any major antivirus/security sites for years.
…always downloading their products from several freeware download sites.
Those download sites have far more functionality and nice assuring review for the products.

Just like yours; I never cared that much to your company’s frontpage, Melih.
But seeing this shiny frontpage all i can say is; I hate it!
It’s strikingly similar to HP’s frontpage; which I think sucks.
…all flashy stuff with no reason why should I download the product (?)

…so it’s free.
…so what?
…why do I have to download it?
…so it’s award winning; who’s award?

Too many mouse clicks just to find the product’s detail = FAIL

And I understand that you’re trying to pump more cash toward the company, but please don’t you ever forget that the popularity start from mouth to mouth advertising. So completely hiding the community to boost LivePCSupport is something we ‘the community guy’ disregard for.

If you want an example to a good security product site design that appeal (read: tempting) new user to try their product, you can take a look at this one: http://www.cloudantivirus.com/

On the other hand, you can always go ahead and bypassing my rant completely :slight_smile:

~ Still supporting you ~

Is the webmaster distracted?
The browsing of the site is confusing and so is the presentation. Clicking home office/internet security will send you to the paid version (many users will leave right here).
Clicking FW, AV or BOClean will send to the same suite. Why not present the suite right at the begining?
And where is Defense+??? This is the most effective but also the most complicated part of the suite…but no one will tell the user about it, nor how to use it.
Why do you think so many people are posting in forums around the net things like “to many popups, had to unninstall Comodo” “couldn’t work with it” .
You’re shooting yourselves on the foot!

Hi Guys

I do agree with some of your comments actually! My personal opinion, And I have also passed on your suggestions to Melih, are:

• Removing the BOClean Page, Firewall Page and the Antivirus Page
  • Adding Comodo Internet Security FREE, And adding the following Features under the Feature section: ThreatCast, SecureDNS, Memory Firewall (Buffer Overflow protection), BOClean (Memory Scanner), HopSurf, Firewall, Antivirus, Defense+ - And having a brief, easy to understand meaning of each feature in the suite. Also outlining that you can install the Firewall & Antivirus stand-a-lone, Or as an entire Suite, Reflecting also in Feature section (maybe); Eg: You can’t configure BOClean as it is the memory scanner in CIS, etc, And you can’t install Defense+ stand a lone, etc. EDIT: An Alternative was posted here Which could be easier then what I suggested.
  • Going to Comodo.com, Then clicking on “PRODUCTS” Tab, Then going to “Free Products” and seeing “Firewall & AV” - If you click this, you are directed straight to CIS Pro, CIS Free is the answer here since this is under “Free Products” :slight_smile:
  • Adding a link to the Comodo Forums somewhere, The forums we have IMO are a very healthy and useful resources for millions of guests and the thousands of registrants! :wink:

(I attached pictures below)

Apart from those suggests of my own, It looks great! :-TU An outstanding improvement, Professional one, compared to the previous site. Melih off course asked for us to see if we like it so it’s good to see people making suggests and appropriate criticism. ;D

Cheers,
Josh

[attachment deleted by admin]

There’s a Red Mark below the Text to indicate which page you’re on, which I think it could be Improved (or Removed).

Maybe Remove some more Text too. :-TU

Also, the HTML Code could do with a little fixing up:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.comodo.com/&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

Really ? I checked and get the following.

Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
19 Errors, 2 warning(s)

I’ll let you off then. :wink:

19 Errors is nothing… My ‘PHP Nuke’ Site’s used to have over a hundred. It used to take me about 3 days to clean up one Page! ;D

Still, its always best to fix them. You know the Site’s going to be compatible with more Web Browser’s that way.

[ HTML Tidy ]

I think that if you wanted to include your sales you should include a picture of me. ;D Lol jokes

Nice website, What about curving the corners off the bars? Perhaps Inceasing the size of the comodo lable, Specificly the width so it’s more noticible. Maybe make some of the bars Slighly glossy?

Over all I think it’s a nice improvement, I think that it would be more friendly on the eyes if it had a bit more “Spark” Maybe a little too simple now?