New CIS v3.8 Beta Available!

Hi guys! This is my first post here, so let me introduce myself. I’m John, and I work at Comodo in our New Jersey office. I’m planning on joining a lot of the discussions here, and thus get to know you, our loyal posters. Anyway, on with the show…

So the new CIS Beta, version 3.8, is now available for download.

(Edit by 3xist & Japo)…

Hello JohnT538, and welcome. :slight_smile:

We really could need some guy who looks into the forum once in a while, some users post really cool ideas!
So good to have you here. People with knowledge is always welcome! :wink:

Welcome to the forums John.

On a second look I noticed:

1. your username don’t get listed in the same red as the other STAFF MEMBERS on the frontpage.
  2. Your “staff” Image is of worse quality then the other “staff members”…
    however I see that you got admin rights… =) guess its okey then

welcome John

Greetings and welcome John. I’m Princess Snowflake and it’s nice to meet you.

I think we scared this new guy away…

(:LOV) (:LOV)

John is physically in an Comodo office (using their network). :-TU

Welcome to the forum John

John

Hi JohnT538, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

This is indeed already posted by egemen. The other thing is that Beta’s should be only posted in the Beta Section so that they are only available or Forum Members :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

this new beta doesn’t work!
it does not ask me anything!

nice :slight_smile:

Melih

Hallo

I founf this “COMODO Internet Security 3.8.61948.459 Beta / 3.5.57173.439 for download” in Softpedia. Is it the same? I think isn’t.
B

It is the same. Softpedia links to:

EDIT by Japo: BETA links removed, meant for the BETA corner only :wink:

Hello John and welcome :■■■■

Is there info on what is fixed in 3.8 and whats new in 3.8? Thanks

what is nice about that?

If it doesn’t work, it’s not nice, but if it works and gives you fewer alerts, it’s nice. :wink:

First off, welcome john!

second, m00nbl00d, the new version is .459

third, operic, what doesnt work in the new version? It doesnt auto update to .459 or…?

Hi John,
welcome to the forums, I’m looking forward to some promising discussions - mostly in the bug and feature request sections. There I miss often some feedback from people directly involved into the development process.

Some bugs are reported (and features requested) again and again, but without any feedback it seems to the users, that they are totally ignored. I’m looking forward to getting another point of view by a person directly involved into the development, why it isn’t useful to implement some requests - or if some bugs are already adressed, but it’ll take still time to fix them completely…

Greets, BigMike

Yep, Melih meant that they’ve worked hard to make CIS as silent as possible (and they’re not finished yet). This is beneficial for novice users. More advanced users, who do want to answer popups, can adjust the settings in CIS (e.g. changing configuration).