new CIS test by remove-malware.com [merged thread]

http://remove-malware.com/

Comodo Internet Security Review 3.5 Posted by malwarekilla November 6, 2008

Welcome back!

Ok, a lot of people have been waiting for this review and here it is!!! I give you…Comodo Internet Security 3.5! An absolutely “AWESOME” anti-everything product at an amazing price tag of $0.00!!!

Watch the Comodo Internet Security Review Now!

Some of the features that really mattered to me were:

* fully functional firewall.
* amazing antivirus that actually removes rogues, viruses, trojans, adware and just about everything else under the malware umbrella.
* realtime monitoring of ports and system processes.
* the ability to manage ports and system processes in realtime (kill and block any process)
* free automatic updates
* light weight
* amazing support community
* OMG...this thing is free!

Hat’s off to the Comodo Team for giving all of us such a great anti-malware product!

Great work guys!

Josh

Yeah I just watched it.

Great work indeed ;D

V7chy

Glad you guys enjoyed it! CIS was a breath of fresh. Awesome app! (:CLP)

Can’t wait when CIS will haw:

• Heuristics engine
  • BOClean integrated
  • Threatcast
  • New GUI

EDIT: Btw today there was big signature update from 501 to 512 I tested it and it found many new rogue AVs. (Tested it in Virtual PC)

V7chy :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to do a review of CIS. :slight_smile: I enjoy your website and read it when I find time.

EDIT: On your site under Reviews tab, you need to add CIS now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t miss this video also:

I watched all 4 videos. Very nice and informative stuff. :-TU

Nice work… I will watch the videos when I wake up… (currently sleep walking and browsing the forums)

Here are the links for the four instances of this review grouped together for y’all:
Part 1: Comodo Internet Security 3.5 Review Part 1 - YouTube
Part 2: Comodo Internet Security 3.5 Review Part 2 - YouTube
Part 3: Comodo Internet Security 3.5 Review Part 3 - YouTube
Part 4: Comodo Internet Security 3.5 Review Part 4 - YouTube

Another user pointed to this article of PC Mag: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2333817,00.asp .

It is a pretty thorough test. Here are in short their findings:

Comodo's results on the performance tests were disappointing. It wasn't the unexpectedly big drag that Webroot Internet Security Essentials was, but it still had more impact than seems reasonable considering its stripped-down feature set. It did install quickly, and its virus scan is faster than average. But I can't quite rate it Good in the performance category.

Comodo still offers the best free personal firewall I’ve seen. The antivirus and antispyware elements of this suite don’t remotely come up to the same standard. And you don’t get the antispam, parental control, and privacy protection found in almost all the major suites. If you need free security protection, go for the firewall alone and add either avast! or AVG

In interesting finding that sticks to my mijnd, I read the article late last night, is that CIS after cleaning leaves behind many many registry keys.

I read the article late last night, is that CIS after cleaning leaves behind many many registry keys.
Patience, solutions are on it's way ....

Xan

awesome, yea i think im gonna download CIS
let’s give it a shot ;D

Thanks for the heads up. (B)

I also enjoyed it and I want to thank you for doing the test!

For the next tests, I just have one wish: arrange the environment to have fewer popups not related to the test. I’m not referring to the rouge and malicious programs, which are a part of the test, but rather the Windows information popups (balloon messages) from the tray icons. They move focus from the CIS test!

Thank you again.

LA

All the balloon popups are from the malware.

That termination was amazing. ;D

Ah, I see. Somewhere in Windows XP though, I really don’t remember where, it’s possible to make a tweak that disables these balloons. Anyway, quite soon they were gone in your test which made it easier to follow. :-TU

LA

Has posted he will be doing a review of CIS 3.8 on all the new things in the latest release. Thought I’d share that with everyone, so stay tuned to his youtube channel (mrizos).

http://remove-malware.com/announcements/comodo-internet-security-38-released/

Thanks, looking forward to see the test.

Interesting… Lets see how it scores, hope he run it in safe instead of paranoid, or otherwise we will see complains about it being a popup bitch…! :wink: :slight_smile:

I hope he does a prevention test too… I think that’s more important.