New CAV Status page and license bug fixed in updates 1.1.0.4

Hi,
New program updates for CAV has been released.
CAV status page has been changed with a better look and easy to use interface. Also this update fixes the licence problem reported by users. Pls get updates and try to activate it again.
keep posting your suggestions.

The update is great. What about fixing the problems have with a full system scan. I e-mailed support about it last weekend but still no reply. My full scan arbitrarily stops on a folder with pictures in it. I can do a full scan completely in 16 minutes with it “Excluded” but for some reason it stops.

A few others have had this problem and “Panic” aka Ewen has also e-mailed support regarding this. Any idea of when this will be fixed?

Eric

Can you pl send the files which causes hang. You can use command line scanner to find the the file where it stops.

Ewen just explained how to do the command line scanner. I’ll try and do that tonight and send it through to you.

Eric

The command line scanner is called “cavcons.exe” and is in the “c:\program files\comodo\comodo antivirus” folder. You will need to specify what you want to scan and where you want the report file written.

In the sample batch file below,

%1=the drive that CAV is installed on - usually C
%2=the drive that you want the report file written to
%3=the drive that you want to scan

These values are entered as parameters on the command line.

CUT AND PASTE THE LINES BETWEEN THE ASTERISKS INTO A TEXT FILE AND SAVE IT AS CAVSCAN.BAT

@echo off
%1:
cd \program files\comodo\comodo antivirus
cavcons /R=%2:\scan_report.txt %3:*.*

If you wanted to scan all of drive C: and save the report file to the root of drive D: and your CAV is installed on drive C:, you would run

cavscan c d c

This would have the same effect as typing in “cavcons /R=d:\scan_report.txt c:*.*”

If anyone wants to add error checking for the parameters - jump on in!

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:
(WCF3)

seems to stop on a ppt file. see attached. it just sits there.

Eric

[attachment deleted by admin]

It’s an 18.3 meg Powerpoint file that it seems to stop on. Sorry, just checked the scan log I attached earlier but it’s blank because there was no scan error, just that it sits there and does nothing but use up all my memory. I’m going to try and scan the file individually to see what happens.

Eric