Network detection and monitor problem???

I just installed the CIS. But I can’t see any traffic monitoring, all connections reported 0 (while surfing).

Also it detects only one LAN connection, while I have 1 LAN cable modem and internet connection sharing+network with secondary PC over second LAN. I don’t know which one got detected.
Used Zone Alarm before CIS. removed ir prior to installation, and used COMODO cleaner then.

Any suggestions on the proper config/solution for it??? Cause i can’t set internet access premissions on selected programs either.

-thanks

Make sure that all remnants of ZA are gone. Use this ZA removal tool from the ZA forums: PC and Mobile Security Software | ZoneAlarm .

Does that do the trick or not?

Nope.
I uninstalled CIS , reboot, cleaned the registry with comodo tool, reboot, used the tool u suggested (it just run on background, than stopped. reboot again. Fresh installed CIS. No change, no traffic monitoring. every program access internet without asking even at a highetst security setting., just like CIS unaware about the internet connection, like in the beginning.

by the way I ran windows 7 Ulti x64, the CIS is the recent release, win 7 64, if it helps.

There is one more thing to check:

We are gonna take a look to see if there are some old drivers of your previously uninstalled security programs are still around. Go to Device Manager → View → show hidden devices → now look under Non Plug and Play drivers → when you see a driver that belongs to your previous security programs click right → uninstall —> reboot your computer.

When the problem persists make sure there are no auto starts from your previous security programs. Download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries, to include empty locations and then push F5 to refresh.

Now check all entries to see if there are references to your previous security program. When you find them untick them. After unticking reboot your computer and see what happens.

autoruns is all clear of any zonealarm\checkpoint stuff (and its only security i’ve installed on this PC).

The non-p&p drivers are also seem to be clear of it, (see the screenshot).

But the situation is unchanged, still can’t monitor\controll traffic.
Maby I don’t configure something in a right way inside CIS (stock install settings)?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do you have any other security programs running in the background? Try disabling them and see if that brings any solace.

Nope, no security stuff on backgroung. Windows Firewall is disabled as well. Its a PC with fresh windows 7 installation. So i know it for sure. The secondary security conflict is not the issue here, I think.

By the way CIS discovered 3 LANs so far (wtf???). but no traffic monitor neither program LAN access controll.

See the screenshots:

Do you connect internet for 2nd PC with a cross cable or a direct cable with a HUB(not a router)?
Because I see your network as NAT system.

Try this.

Local Area Connection Properties>uncheck COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver

recheck COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver

If it doesn’t work, please tell us more details about your system including your network environment.

I have cable modem connected via ethernet adapter to my primary (current) PC. The second PC connected to it with cross cable ethernet directly. No HUB, no Router. Its only two PCs at home so no need for it.
And by using Internet Connection Sharing I “forward” the internet connection to second PC.
I also share Printer and files as well through the same cable. All works (except CIS traffic monitor :frowning: ), no additional hardware needed. :slight_smile:

Yes, I was right…you use a cross cable for your 2nd PC.
That is what we call NAT system.
Also you can use ICS which you are using.
If CIS doesn’t work for your network automatically, you need to configure the settings manually.

Rechecked the COMODO there, no change.

mod edit: unattached the screenshot. thx creasy :-*

Do not post your real IP and MAC.
Remove that screen shot right now.

hmm you’r right. It’s pretty stupid