Network access blocked after hibernation?

As a quick search here has returned no matches, here goes the problem:

At the moment I’m behind a WiFi router. CIS, latest version, is installed and running. WinXP SP3.

When the laptop is brought up to life from the hibernation mode, occasionally (approx. 75% of cases) the network access would be blocked, apart from the “home network” (192.168.1.0) of the router. That is, I would be able to access the router (192.168.1.1), but not any other destination.

Rebooting solves the problem; switching CIS firewall to “disabled” without a reboot also cures it. Switching it back on to “safe mode” would yield very strange behaviour: everything would work for a couple of minutes, then the network traffic is being blocked again. The firewall itself doesn’t log any blocked connections. It (or the router? but why then?) just blocks everything silently.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Can you show the firewall logs from the above chain of events? The logs are under Firewall → Common Tasks → View Firewall Events.

That’s exactly the problem: there is nothing in the logs. I see only the firewall configuration changes in the full log viewer.

Yet, I tend to think that this problem has smth. to do with Comodo as it disappears if the firewall is disabled.

It is really a strange one: I don’t have a clue as to what’s happening. Router logs don’t show any traffic blocking, neither does comodo log, it just seems that all packets sent outside of home network (192.168.0.0) are being sent to /dev/nul

Maybe, just maybe, it’s some sort of a trouble with the comodo driver when the system is waking up from the hibernation.

Problems with hibernation are often related to drivers; may be the wireless card or may be Comodo. Yet it strikes me as odd that the router still can be accessed.

Can you show me a screenshot of your Global Rules? They are under Firewall → Advanced → Network Security Policy.

What happens when you update the drivers of your wireless card?

Attached is the screenshot requested.

Wifi drivers are the latest available; no change in behaviour.

I cannot see how these can be the culprit as the 192.168.0.0 zone is always available; and as everything becomes available when the Comodo FW is switched off manually.

Hardware specifics: it’s a Toshiba Satellite A200 laptop.

Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

You showed me a screenshot of Application Rules instead of Global Rules. Please also post a screenshot of Global Rules.

I noticed that your rule for svchost.exe is for 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0. You mention in the above the 192.168.0.0 zone. Did you use 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 in your Global Rules?

OK, here are the global rules. Sorry, the home network is 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0, of course

[attachment deleted by admin]