Needing cis information prior to install

Hi everyone, it has been months/years since I used comodo. Would like some update on CIS.

1. Any major/minor bugs
  2. Best version to use
  3. Should I uninstall avast home and zonealarm
  4. Is CIS any better now than 1/2 years ago

My system: xp home sp3
1 gigibyte ram
IE7

Depends on your definition of “bug”. :wink: Last program update affected members running older AMD processors.

2. Best version to use

I would download 3.13 amnd do a clean install.

3. Should I uninstall avast home and zonealarm

This is entirely up to you, but if you are going to install CIS, you would need to remove ZoneAlarm, at a bare minimum (2 firewalls is a recipe for disaster). Uninstall using a thorough uininstall tool like Revo Uninstaller.

4. Is CIS any better now than 1/2 years ago

IMHO, yes, but many would argue it’s the same.

Ewen :slight_smile:

My system: xp home sp3
1 gigibyte ram
IE7
[/quote]

Thanks panic for the reply and information.
I there a setup guide for installing "all defaults, for I don’t know the 1st thing about creating rules ans!!!. I feel that I will need a very detailed setup procedure.
I do Thank you and anyone else who will help me.

Two actively scanning AV’s is also not a good idea.

I have uninstalled avast home free and zonealarm free (yesterday), installed CIS, updated and ran virus scan.
no problems with install, update or detection of virus., But I really do not know if I installed and “setup” AV/firewall correctly or not.
Are the defaults on install for both all that is required???, “Is there any kind of tutorial (not the pdf install guide)”.
can/will someone who know what is required give me some additional information.
—XP home sp3
512 mbe ram
IE 7
Thanks

The only thing I can think of right now is to set your AV scanner to scan files until 1024mb. It’s now default 20Mb but if a virus is hidden in a bigger file …

Maybe I think wrong but thats what I did and it found more than before.