Need help with Stealth Ports Wizard

i currently have not used the stealth ports wizard but wanted to know if i had to be connected to the internet in order to set it to block all incoming connections. also, a while ago i uninstalled the old CFP version before CIS came out, reinstalled it and to this day even with the latest CIS update the intrusions prevented log has stayed at zero when before there would be atleast 4 or 5 intrusions blocked. cmdagent.exe is running.

Evening,

Stealth Ports Wizard > Black All Incoming Connections - You can select this at anytime,
Can you explain more about your other issue?

CG

thanks. so i don’t need to be connected to the internet inorder to set up the stealth ports wizard? my other problem is this, a while a go i uninstalled CIS .427 and installed an older version of CFP. after that i had zero intrusion attempts blocked when before i uninstalled it, it would give me atleast four. this zero blocks has happened even up to today. there are always zero intrusion attempts being blocked and i am wondering if the firewall is working. cmdagent.exe is on though.

No You Don’t Need To Be Connected :slight_smile:

Try To Test It: GRC | LeakTest -- Firewall Leakage Tester   (Firewall Outbound/Inbound Test) or GRC | ShieldsUP! — Internet Vulnerability Profiling   (Stealth Test)

CG

thanks. will having a router interfere with these tests? i heard that running a test like this may instead be checking the router and not the firewall.

Yes, Mainly PING Requests goes to the router and not to the software firewall

CG