Need BoClean with Firewall 3?

I had been running BoClean pre-Firewall 3 installation on Vista. Do I still need to run BoClean since Firewall 3 has Defense+ built-in? Not sure if Defense+ is strong enough on it’s own, or still need the added protection of BoClean. I know it won’t use many more system resources, I just like to keep it as minimal as I can. Right now all I run is Nod32 and Comodo Firewall 3 with regular scans of Spybot.

I’ve heard on here that BOCLean doesn’t play nicely with CPF3 but there are plans to integrate BOCLean into CPF3 in the future. Probably after they integrate Comodo Memory Guardian.

Have a look through the forums to see if the conflict with BOClean still exists. For the time being I think you’re fine with NOD32 and CPF3.

NOD32 is particularly good at catching spyware as well as viruses. CPF3’s Defense+ will protect your system if anything does get through.

Still a lot of files to be recognized as “Safe” by comodo so if you’re unsure about the file, look it up on the internet.

Eric

Thanks very much Eric

I’ve been using BOClean 4.25 with CFO v3 beta and NOD v3 the last couple days without any conflicts. The only default change I made with NOD was to turn off web protection to my browsers after reading some posts on the Wilders forum.

I have BOClean and CFP 3 installed and both never have caused the other any problems for me,
personally i would like to see BOClean remain as a seperate product and not be intergreted with the firewall, because it works well on its on.

just my 2 cents worth

I would love to see references to this as I was wondering about the very matter earlier when a file transfer using IM was taking forever. I have AVG, not NOD.

I’m still at work so can’t search for the references. Perhaps it was in relation to one of the Betas. Sorry, It’s been a long day.

Eric

I have CF3 and Boclean and thus far they haven’t conflicted yet, at least from what I can tell.

"I have BOClean and CFP 3 installed and both never have caused the other any problems for me,
personally i would like to see BOClean remain as a seperate product and not be intergreted with the firewall, because it works well on its on.

just my 2 cents worth"

Justthe same… works fine with Comodo firelwall, comodo anti virus & Bo clean
only had two times of my computer cuts off, and in the error list I get

Faulting application cfp.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

but twicw a month, it’s not so bad… and nothing goes bad after

i have no problem using BOC & CFP3 :■■■■
and the one that will be integrated with CFP3 is CMG (Comodo Memory guardian). BOC will be integrated to next CAVS, but we still can have a standalone BOC as well.

Ganda