Mystery: 4.23 at Comodo but at FreeFiles 4.24...what do you make of it? [closed]

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your answers and explanations

Hi there,

too bad, I can’t test the 4.24 rc-build on my german Windows 9x (ME) version… :frowning:

Maybe Kevin can send it to me by email. :wink:

best regards,

PSchuetz

Yeh something odd abut Cyberhawk in that greatis Reg run platinum flags it being a root kit, amagine that.

Does Greatis flag it as a rootkit only because it works at the kernel level?

Not really sure why it flags it, it doesnt flag any other kernel driver, never sent the file or link to Greatis, but ill do that and see what they say

Controler, Howdy padner been awhile :wink:

Hi all, I’m new to the Comodo site. Use the Firewall now and find it excellent. :slight_smile:

A few of us over on the ebay HTML/Techi board are avidly awaiting the release of BOC 4.24 and wonder if there are any conflicts with this version and the following programs…

Spybot, Spywareblaster, A2, Avast, AVG AntiVirus, AVG AntiSpyware, Zone Alarm.

We are promoting Comodo Firewall on the ebay board now as several are using it and found it to be excellent.

Thanks for your help.

Mike.

Hi MikeG, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I use CBOClean 4.24 and some ( of the free versions ) of those security programs myself :

Spybot ( Teatimer 1.5 ) : No conflicts
Spywareblaster : No conflicts
A2 ( Free ) : No conflicts
Avast ( Home ) : No conflicts
AVG AntiSpyware ( Free ) : No conflicts

As far as I know with the upcomming 4.24 version there is only a problem with one particular firewall ( I don’t know which one ), and Kevin explained to us that it is a problem with that firewall and not with CBOClean.

I hope it helps :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Many thanks Red,
Obviously it won’t have any conflicts with Comodo Firewall.
Just thought I’d ask about the others.
Incidentally, looking at the way it works, checking system every 10 seconds; does this slow the computer by any noticeable amount, or does it just check a minuscule amount of data and go unnoticed?
Thanks,
Mike.

It’s just recalibrating itself so it is in optimum condition. It’s literally just a blip.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks, can’t wait for it to appear so that we can have a play with it over on ebay Techi board.
Looks like an excellent and much needed program.
Mike.

To be fair, betanews do regularly carry beta releases, but usually they are flagged as such. Obviously what’s happened here is someone has seen the pre-release and then posted it on betanews, but neglected to mention it was a beta / RC. A bit irresponsible really.

It’s out at last. v4.24.

Installed it (absolutely painless) and works a treat.

Well done all at Comodo. (:CLP)

Have posted all the necessary info on the ebay Techi board now so a lot more users in the near future.

Also promoting Comodo Firewall there; quite a few using it now.

Mike.

4.24 is out now, so we close the thread. Anyone wishing to continue the 4.24 topic should go here:
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_boclean_antimalware/cboc_424_is_officially_out-t9944.0.html