Mysterious Computer Freeze [V7][M906]

Great, that’s probably the best way. Let me know how it goes. If it’s easy to use I may recommend it for users in the future.

Thanks.

For now the best advantages compared to filedropper is the file size limit being at 50GB and the fact that I can choose more files at the same time, that can be uploaded one at a time - which I’m using - or simultanously if someone has a good connection.

BTW: I’m uploading two ~1.3GB dump files. First one is with HIPS & Sandbox turned off, Game Mode on and CIS options frozen yet a usable system made right after boot up so not many apps are loaded, and the second one is with HIPS & Sandbox enabled, Game Mode off and almost a completely unusable sluggish system with some apps waiting indinitely for approval.
I noticed that I can now replicate this technically every time that I ran a program that would otherwise ask for permission, but since CIS doesn’t show the option it just slows everything down.

It might take a few hours on my connection, it’s going ~110KB/s so each files will take ~3 hours…

Great. Let me know when they are uploaded. You can put the download links in your reply.

Thanks.

LOL, was just about to post the first file, I checked MEGA and it was still at 1% :o
Dunno what’s going on but it keeps restarting the upload for some reason every few minutes… I know my connection ain’t that great, but since these problems with CIS I noticed live video streams were a bit laggy, so upload might be too, could be CIS firewall lagging with the packets or something since it’s still on yet some parts of it are frozen…

Uploading to filedropper now.

This is getting ridiculous… Left my computer for the night, woke up just before it hit 100%, went to get me some coffe and as I returned I was greeted with this error message on both tabs that were without any problems upploading both files up to this point:

Clicking [Try Again] does nothing and going backwards resets everything to 0.

Do you have an FTP I could upload it to and resume uploads in case of an error?

I’m sorry, but I don’t have access to an FTP server. However, there is another option I am aware of. You could try a program like Cubby:
https://www.cubby.com/

It allows you 5GB of space, and once a file is uploaded you can also send someone a link to it. An explanation of how to do that is given here. That should allow this to be uploaded correctly.

I’m sorry this process is getting so frustrating, but I think this should work. If you already have a program like DropBox installed you could use that instead. That works the same way.

Thanks.

Mmmkay, I’ll try DropBox if you don’t mind, I’m a bit more familiar with it even though I haven’t been using it since years.

Sure. Just make sure that there is at least enough empty space for the file to be uploaded.

Thanks again.

I think it worked this time, although I’m over my dropbox capacity…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ikap8kl1gu1qa9/my_MEMORY-DMP_1.7z
https://www.dropbox.com/s/svs8j2zat9dgpgh/my_MEMORY-DMP_2.7z

Are you able, at any time (even if it’s not during the freeze) to open CIS and get it to run and create a diagnostics report? If you are able to access the main interface, but are not sure how to run the diagnostics, let me know and I can help.

If possible, please attach the diagnostics report to your first post.

Thanks.

Nope, the interface is frozen for me.
The would really help if there was a separate diagnostic tool.

Also, would be awesome if you could tell me when can I get rid of this version of CIS and get back to CIS6 until a new beta is out :wink:

What I’ve done to help you out, as you ran into so many problems getting the Complete Dump files to upload, and I feel I should have been better prepared with which sites to recommend, is that I have downloaded both of your dump files. I then uploaded them to Mega, under an account I created, and linked to those in your first page. Thus, you can now remove them from your dropbox, freeing up a lot of space. I’m really sorry you ran into so many problems getting them uploaded.

Thanks.

Yeah, well, rubbish* happens :wink:

I would love to know if the dumps I provided were helpful and if that’s all the data you need from me, cause I’m planning to uninstall this beta get back to CIS6 and wait for the next beta that’s hopfully going to be fixed. :slight_smile:

Sorry, the tracker I transfer this into is currently down. I was waiting for it to start working again.

However, I think all the necessary information is provided. You can therefore reinstall. By the way, the most effective way to reinstall, or change versions, is to follow the advice I give here. Let me know how that goes.

Thanks.

I uninstalled CIS7 today, restarted, installed CIS6, changed the config to ProActive, updated everything, did the initial scan and restarted.
To my great confusion, freezes cames back :frowning:

Uninstalled CIS6, used multiple programs to scan my system for viruses, nothing found.

Checked your link, got all the extra removal programs, restarted in Safe Mode, used the programs on cleaning everything, restarted, and as soon as the W7 bootup spinning logo animation started (the dots that morph into the windows flag) it BSODed.

http://i.imgur.com/gyeVbFG.jpg

Reset my pc, ran the startup recovery that Windows suggested, tried to fix the problem without restoring my backup point - same BSOD after bootup.

Reset my pc, ran the startup recovery that Windows suggested, tried to fix the problem with restoring my backup point this time - booted into desktop ok, but CIS and freezes were back.
Tried again to run in Safe Mode and clean it again using the above mentioned programs, same thing - BSOD.

Finally, after a couple of hours of trying to save my current Windows setup I figured it’s running already a good year so a reinstall is greatly needed.

Reinstalled, installed all the necessary drivers/utils/official WU updates, installed CIS6, and curently I’m in the middle of installing all the extra Windows updates that M$ doesn’t supply to us, using KUC.
All good since about 12 hours, a couple of reinstalls and dozens of programs installed and treated as safe in CIS.

Dunno what was the problem, maybe some hidden CIS7 component was still present in the system and when I uninstalled it was still in the startup, but I’m glad it’s back to normal :wink:

I’m not sure what happened. That said, I am very happy to hear that at least you got everything working again.

However, once the tracker is back up and running I will still forward this to the devs in the hopes it can be fixed for future situations.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

As this was not fixed during the Beta testing period I will move this bug report to the main Bug Reporting Board.

Please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Looks like everything is working ok now, thanks :slight_smile: