My Trusted Software Vendors

Hi to Commodo Forums :D,

Thanks for a great, free product

I was just browsing the “My Trusted Software Vendors” list on the Defence + tab of the Commodo IIS.

However I have found items like:

Google Inc

and many more companies, whereby I have not installed any of their software. Is this list pre compiled, or are these items lurking on my P.C somewhere, because I haven’t a clue what paltalk.com is.

By the way I know how to remove them from the list, I just want to know where they have come from.

Many Thanks.

Hello, JJ2K. Welcome to the forums.
they were added during the installation of CIS.
These are these are user-requested signature-verified vendors.
There is a known bug currently whereby if you add or remove any vendors CIS will prompt you to update (the update is simply restoring this list).
I hope this helps you.

Thanks John for clarifying,

so what is this “PalTalk.com” doing in there, does this mean Comodo supports this website?

for it to be there does it mean I must have some sort of reference to their software on my P.C?

or is it a sort of Comodo default list that everyone has regardless of if they have this software.

Hi jj2k,

“does this mean Comodo supports this website?” … No.

“does it mean I must have some sort of reference to their software on my P.C?” … No.

“is it a sort of Comodo default list that everyone has regardless of if they have this software.” … Yes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Bad Frogger it does help,

I was jus worried because I had recentley wiped my PC, and thought I had got some junk on there already when I saw this list! The word “user” next to it sort of misled me.

Why would Comodo add such sites to this list if they do not activley support them. Any company (especially one with the name paltalk which sounds like it has spyware written all over it ;D) is capable of adding malware.

However I hear these will be removable by the next release which is good.

I understand Paltalk.com to be an internet chat program.

The reason it’s on your list is because someone in the community sent a digital certificate to Comodo and they added it to the software.

Why this company should then be assumed trustworthy by us, the end user is another question entirely…