"My protected files" not protected.

I was playing around with the “my protected files” option of the firewall. I set a word perfect 10 file as protected then attempted to modify it and I could without any warning or notification. Since the my protected files option of D+ is supposed to protect files against modification, shouldnt it have warned or alerted me to this or not have allowed the file to be modified?

I did not modify any programs access rights to allow modification of the file.

Greetings!

In what way did you try to modify it?
Else, what mode do you use for Defense+? Is explorer.exe and/or the executable for the word processing program set as a trusted application?

Cheers,
Ragwing

I modified it by either altering the text (adding lines of text and saving) or by deleting it.
D+ is set to clean PC mode.
explorer.exe is set as a trusted app.

The executable for the word processing app was originally a trusted app. Howerver, to test “my protected files” I removed the app from the trusted list before protecting the document. After I protected the doc and altered it I checked with D+ and the exe was automatically granted custom access and was automatically given access rights to modify the protected file. In the help file for D+ it specified that you had to manually allow a program access rights to a protected file for it to be modified, yet it was granted the rights automatically in my situation.

I think the Defense+ Mode is the problem. In Clean PC Mode CFP will learn the activities of any application that was already installed on the PC at the time of CFPs installation. I don’t think it will work in Safe Mode either, since Word is very likely to be certified & signed by MS. Paranoid Mode is probably what you need for this test. Or… install a new application that is not certified or signed by MS/Comodo (default entries) for this test.

The details of these Modes are in CFPs help.