My Pending Files Is Not Working As Expected [Resolved]

Questions on the My Pending Files functions in Firewall 4.0.

1. I have three files listed in My pending Files. When I submitted them on 4/2, one went through as shown by its date in that column, but the other two returned a yellow-triangle error. I saw the Submitting… box, the Please wait while the files are being submitted… and then after Initializing…, the file paths and names appeared while the progress bar ran out, separately for each file. At last, the Submitted box appeared with success on one and not the other two. I have tried submitting the remaining pair each day since, multiple times. As it happened, one of the pair did submit on 4/8, 8:48:19 AM CDT. The remaining file was not successfully submitted. Until about five minutes ago, 4/9/10 02:16:xx AM CDT. This time, also, the Submitted box appeared, and it indicated success. However, the file has no date/time submitted, this is still blank in the My Pending Files window. So, did it succeed? And if it did not, then, why did the Submitted box assert that it did succeed? Mainly, my question is, do I need to report this as a bug?

2. I have other suspect files that I need to Submit. I have one on my Windows® Desktop in my admin user account. But, when I attempt to add a file using the Add… button in My Pending Files, I can select the file and transfer it to the right-hand side of the dialog, and authorize it to go to My Pending Files, but it does not show up in the MPF window even after the dialog closes. The Add… button does not work all the way through to actually adding the files. I cannot get Comodo to let me submit my suspicious files! Another bug?

3. Now, the MPF window shows me three files and two of them have dates/times in the Submitted column. Yet, if I select (checkbox) for any one, and hit the Lookup… button, all I get back is a yellow-triangle and the word, Error, on each line in the Online Lookup Results box. Another bug?

4. In v3.13 before I upgraded to v4.0, I was able to submit some files without all this hassle, and yet, I have never seen anything that informs me of the results, whether any of my pending files was clear of trouble. I need to be able to use at least one of those files. Please advise, is it safe? Are they safe? By what means are users of Comodo informed of the results of these analyses?

RxDdude

All I really need to know in life, I learned
from the Nike ads on TV.

“Just do it!”
– Michael
(No! not Jackson! Jordan!)
=============================

1. I have three files listed in My pending Files. When I submitted them on 4/2, one went through as shown by its date in that column, but the other two returned a yellow-triangle error. I saw the Submitting... box, the Please wait while the files are being submitted... and then after Initializing..., the file paths and names appeared while the progress bar ran out, separately for each file. At last, the Submitted box appeared with success on one and not the other two. I have tried submitting the remaining pair each day since, multiple times. As it happened, one of the pair did submit on 4/8, 8:48:19 AM CDT. The remaining file was not successfully submitted. Until about five minutes ago, 4/9/10 02:16:xx AM CDT. This time, also, the Submitted box appeared, and it indicated success.
This appears to be about server overload. It has been reported as a bug. Please have a look at the FAQ [url=https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-faq-cis/what-happens-to-pending-files-t55013.0.html;msg387230#msg387230] here[/url] .
However, the file has no date/time submitted, this is still blank in the My Pending Files window. So, did it succeed? And if it did not, then, why did the Submitted box assert that it did succeed? Mainly, my question is, do I need to report this as a bug?
This is new, and seems like a bug. I assume you don't get a 1/1/70 date (which is known about). Maybe make a bug report, with a screen shot and append the file Zipped.
2. I have other suspect files that I need to Submit. I have one on my Windows® Desktop in my admin user account. But, when I attempt to add a file using the Add... button in My Pending Files, I can select the file and transfer it to the right-hand side of the dialog, and authorize it to go to My Pending Files, but it does not show up in the MPF window even after the dialog closes. The Add... button does not work all the way through to actually adding the files. I cannot get Comodo to let me submit my suspicious files! Another bug?
Please give the file names and extensions. On my machine this works OK.
3. Now, the MPF window shows me three files and two of them have dates/times in the Submitted column. Yet, if I select (checkbox) for any one, and hit the Lookup... button, all I get back is a yellow-triangle and the word, Error, on each line in the Online Lookup Results box. Another bug?
On mine it gives 'already submitted'. Could be server load again? Or I am wondering whether something has become corrupt on your system. Have you tried More ~ Diiagnostics?
4. In v3.13 before I upgraded to v4.0, I was able to submit some files without all this hassle, and yet, I have never seen anything that informs me of the results, whether any of my pending files was clear of trouble. I need to be able to use at least one of those files. Please advise, is it safe? Are they safe? By what means are users of Comodo informed of the results of these analyses?
According to Panic, who may be able to explain further you get a log entry. Also if safe the file is automatically transferred to My Safe Files (at least if its source is autosandboxing). Please see the FAQ on 'My Pending Files'. As an alternative please try submitting the files via CIMA as described in the FAQ.

Panic will probably add to this as he has recent experience of successful file submission.

Do you have ‘automatically submit pending files’ ticked under sandbox settings?

Best wishes

Mouse

G’day,

As mouse1 pointed out, I was recently (pleasantly) surprised to see the a report of an autosandboxed app that had been autosubmitted, autoscanned, found safe and automoved to MY SAFE FILES.

The attached image is not, I repeat, NOT photoshopped or altered in any way. It is a direct screen shot of the MY PENDING FILES window.

I didn’t have to take any action for this to occur, other than installing an update for Daemon Tools Lite, which was the initial triggering action. CIS 4 did it all automatically. :-TU :-TU :-TU

I wasn’t aware it had happened for 4 days as I don’t religiously check the MY PENDING FILES window, but had just reinstalled CIS4 on April 4th (the day the app was autoeverythinged). I only remembered to check the MPF window when I had an issue with an app not running correctly and thought to check if it was sandboxed.

It has only happened the once so far, but this system runs predominantly standarised software. DTL is a bit of an exception and was only being installed for an extended test.

Maybe I was just lucky that an unknown app was sandboxed and submitted when they were fudging and testing the backend cloud stuff. I really don;t know, but REALLY, REALLY like what I see if this is an indication of what is to come.

[at] Melih,

My apologies if this announcement is a bit pre-emptive, but it’s too good a future indicator not to share. Mea culpa if I’ve jumped the gun. :wink:

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S. If anyone else gets one of these, please post a report in this topic, if only to prove I’m not seeing things. :wink:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Panic and Mouse1,

Thanks for the informative and helpful replies.

This is new, and seems like a bug. I assume you don't get a 1/1/70 date (which is known about). Maybe make a bug report, with a screen shot and append the file Zipped.
Right, I have never seen the 1/1/70. My date submitted just remains blank. I need sleep so tonight I will not be "spraying my bugs" tonight, but will try to get that done when I can take an hour or two to familiarize myself with the process and then to work the process.
... Also if safe the file is automatically transferred to My Safe Files (at least if its source is autosandboxing). Please see the FAQ on 'My Pending Files'. As an alternative please try submitting the files via CIMA as described in the FAQ.
OK, and, what happens if a file is found NOT safe upon analysis? Do we get any notification? Does Comodo automatically transfer it to My Blocked Files?

TNX again, R+Ddude

Thanks Comodo appreciates it.

OK, and, what happens if a file is found NOT safe upon analysis? Do we get any notification? Does Comodo automatically transfer it to My Blocked Files?
This is covered to an extent in the FAQ, but the detail is not clear to us yet. What I would imagine is that it will be immediately added to the AV blacklist (which is updated several time a day), and thus alerted to the user at the next complete AV scan or when next run. The normal options for dealing with it (quarantine etc) will be offered.

Best wishes

Mouse

[color=purple]Hi

Your queries now seem to now been answered, and the underlying issue is already reported as a bug. I’ll lock this topic and mark as [RESOLVED] should you have any further queries relating to this specific issue please PM an online Moderator and the topic can then be re-opened. If you have any other queries or issues please create a new topic.

Regards,

Mouse