My laptop is dead and I am terminated by Comodo!

I would like to help Comodo!

When turning to Comodo chat for tech help I was treated like this:

We are connecting you to a support technician. Type your issue or your invitation code below.
Me:
Hi!

You are now chatting with Edward.

Chat session has been terminated by the support technician.

I had just installed Comodo Internet Security Complete on my completely new laptop - a HP Envy 17", I7, 12GB RAM with SSD and HDD!
What happens…?
I immediately get a BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_Violation and then I am forced to close the laptop as it wont restart by itself.
As I try to restart the laptop again it wont boot.
My totally new laptop - never used - just with a couple of wellknown software installed like office and photoshop etc - is dead!
It wont boot and the screen is black!

I try to ask the support in the chat for tech help but never get an answer and the second time around they terminate the chat!

NOW I ASK COMODO - WOULD YOU LIKE TO TERMINATE ME AS A - UNTIL NOW - HAPPY CUSTOMER TOO…???
IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT - IT IS A DEAL!

When I googled on the error I came up with this: (Note: this is NOT me that has written this)

Dayvid Top Student
Top Student

DPC_Watchdog_Violation
Options
‎04-29-2014 03:02 PM
Hey guys. Looking for some help.
Since ingot this laptop - HP ENVY 17 on Sunday - It’s been a pain.
I’ve received a DPC_Wathcdog_Violation (blue screen) twice. And TWICE it’s due to Comodo internet security.
Can anyone tell me if Comodo is compatible with my laptop or Windows 8.1?

Why is this happening and is there a known fix?

Thanks!

This guy has exactly the same problem as I!!!

Everything went fine…
A new HP Envy 17"
(One differense is that I have Windows 8, not 8,1)

We try to install Comodo Internet Security Complete - and from then it is all problem!

WILL COMODO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY OR NOT…?

I can add that I never had any problem with this on my stationary PC with Windows 7.

All went fine until I installed Comodo on the laptop - therefore I think it is a problem with windows 8 and Comodo.

ENDRESULT:
MY LAPTOP IS DEAD AND I AM TERMINATED BY COMODO!

YOU SHOW THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS OR I LEAVE!
THIS WILL NOT STAND!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! >:-D

Hi san,
Sorry to hear that you had difficulties with Comodo’s live support.
I have informed Staff about this issue and in the meantime you may or may not want to submit a support ticket about this matter.
https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Kind regards.

Hi!

To be fair.
Recieved very good support from GeekBuddy which got my laptop going again but did not solve the problem.
Returning BSODS resulted in a total crash and now my laptop is totally wrecked.
I will return it to the reseller and will get a new PC with a new installation.

To be fair - I can´t say for sure what all this comes from.
It only really looked like a Comodo error when I read the other case - a complete parallel -
and the problem did start exactly when I had just installed CIS Complete.

I will try to install comodo again on the new laptop and we have to see wether it will go well then.

I will then give my feedback here.

Regards!

San

Hi san,
Thanks for posting back.
I hope all goes as planned when you return to the re-seller.
I wish for you to have success with the future install.

Kind regards.

Since I’m on Win2003, whatever I have to say is unsupported. Right?

Correct. !ot!

Summary: Everything is now tested and evaluated - and a conclusion is reached.

I have now a running laptop.

I have had exactly the same problem as the participants in this thread:
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/cisantivirus-corrupts-windows-8-requiring-a-factory-reset-t99335.0.html;msg760436#msg760436

I bought a demo HP Envy 17-j035eo

Screen Size 17.3 "Full HD LED Monitor
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
Processor Intel Core i7-4702MQ 2.2 GHz (3.2 GHz Turbo)
Processor Cores 4 cores - ideal for heavy duty applications
Cache 6 MB L3 cache for really good performance
Hyperthreading processor supports hyperthreading for better performance
Memory 12GB DDR3 RAM
Maximum memory 16 GB
Storage space 1000 GB

To make a very long story short.
I configured and uninstalled some crapware-programs from the laptop.
Everything behaved normally until I installed Comodo then the computer died with a bluescreen - quite accurately described in the link -
and refused to boot with a black, dead screen.
I then took out the battery and pressed the start button and put the battery back in.
I then booted the laptop but it froze immediately when I logged in - with no chanse to uninstall or do anything.

This was repeated many, many times and both Geeksupport, HP support and dealer support was involved with no results.
I then sent my computer back and got it back with the factory-installation again.
We had by then checked the graphics card - and I think we changed it -
and did not install the external drivers from the windows or from Nvidia this time, but only those from HP.
The same result again - all died when I installed Comodo.
No chanse to do anything. Even the restore didn´t function - not on laptop and not on restore-DVD:s - and HP support couldn´t get it back.

Finally - after many trips - I sent back the demo computer and got back a brand new HP computer of the same kind.
Started up - it worked great - configured and installed some perfectly normal and approved applications for Windows 8.
This time I didn´t uninstalled any softwares but the Norton Antivirus that came with the laptop. (I had my Comodo you know…:wink:
I then - maybe for the third time - installed Comodo Internet Security Complete with Geek Support - and the laptop died directly - dead - no screen -
failed to boot - freezes directly on reboot - restore and recovery does not work.

Start to see a pattern here…?

I then opened myself up the computer and took out the extra installed SSD disk for the operating system with the original disk HDD as second disk to store files in.
We thought about eliminating the second potential cause of the conflict - so I took out the SSD disk and put back the HDD disk on the original site - and started the computer.

Everything was going great - until I installed Comodo Internet Security Complete - then everything died as usual. Maybe I had got 30 blue screens by now .

Regarding scraps left over from Norton.
The first time I uninstalled Norton, I removed the program with all residues with Revo Uninstaller - but it did not change the matter -
the laptop died as usual when Comodo was installed.

I managed, however, this time around - restore the system and will now install the programs one last time - this time without Comodo.
Comodo seems clearly to be the cause. It works fine on my desktop but on this laptop it was dying as soon as I install Comodo - and in the same second.
I have now done this maybe 6-7 times and had a lot of trouble with a brand new computer - this has cost time, money and much trouble.
I’ve always liked Comodo but now I end my use of this security suite.

[i]I don´t feel like fiddle with this any longer - I had this rolling daily for more than two weeks.
I´d rather move on.

The only thing that possibly could make me stay would be a very easy fix -
like GeekBuddy would see too that all functions perfectly -
and the Comodo gurarantee - that could cover my costs.

Comodo’s Exclusive $500 Virus-Free Guarantee

If your PC gets infected by a virus after Comodo Internet Security Pro 7 is properly installed and registered,
our online GeekBuddy support technicians will restore your PC to working condition. If we cannot restore your
PC due to a virus infection, Comodo will cover up to $500 in repair costs, using an authorized repair center.

All supports on the laptop, HP and GeekSupport has been topnotch.
But it is very difficult - the laptop could crash anytime installing Comodo - and this seems to be a whole project with troubleshooting…
I don´t have more time for this and in the worst case the laptop go dead with no restore…
Must have something that installs directly with no error or total crashes on the laptop.[/i]

Sorry, I give up! :cry:

san

To quote myself in reply to your other post: