my first post -BoClean Anti Malware issues [Resolved]

hi,this is my first post so forgive me if i don’t make sense on what im trying to say !! i am using windows xp service pack 2 desktop pc with spyware blaster,Ad-Aware se ,a-squared free ,c-cleaner,avg free,McAfee firewall (free with aol 3 years ago)win patrol,peer guardian ;)i think thats all lol .

i installed BoClean anti malware about 2 weeks ago and i had the new version it was working ok but for 4 days now it just kept crashing and staying green and the pop up menu wouldnt go off my screen so i had to keep restarting the pc i also had BoClean memory gurdian installed aswell but i now have none installed as they just crashed on me and i would like to know if there are any issues with anti malware and memory guardian with the programmes i have installed .

i did like the peace of mind they gave me so i hope someone could help me sort this out i have tried uninstalling them from fresh but it still crashes
i do have them both installed on my laptop and have no problems do you think it could be the Mcafee Firewall as the laptop has comodo firewall aswell?
i hope i have made myself understood as im quite a numpty at anything pc so please bear with me ???

Welcome to the forums, billie222 ~

If you read through the BOC and CMG threads (CMG bug reports will probably be the easiest place to find it) you will see that there is a known issue, during which BOC will sometimes lock up. For most users, this seems to be approximately 10 - 30 minutes after logging in to Windows. You can use Task Manager open to the Processes tab, to shut down boc425.exe, when this happens. That way you should avoid a reboot.

I’m not sure about this though:

i do have them both installed on my laptop and have no problems do you think it could be the Mcafee Firewall as the laptop has comodo firewall aswell?
Are you saying that you have two firewalls simultaneously installed on one computer? If so, this is a big “no no” as they will likely cause all manner of conflicts and problems. If this is the case, you will need to uninstall one (or both, and then start over) using SafeMode to avoid installation/uninstallation conflicts.

LM

Hi,Thanks for your reply what i mean is i have both BoClean and Memory guardian installed on my laptop with comodo firewall installed it all runs no problems but on my desktop pc i have the crashing problem and im using McAfee personal firewall -no other firewall just McAfee and on the laptop just comodo firewall ;D

what i mean is i have both BoClean and Memory guardian installed on my laptop with comodo firewall installed it all runs no problems but on my desktop pc i have the crashing problem and im using McAfee personal firewall
Tnx for clarifying that, billie222!

There may be an issue with McAfee FW; it would be the first I’m aware of. Is it just a FW, or does it have other protections built in to it?

LM

its just a firewall you get free with aol it doesnt update or nothing its full name is McAfee Personal Firewall Plus V4.5API Version 4.5.2.30

technology-wise, that’s a very outdated firewall… :wink:

Since Comodo is free, why not install it instead? You are already familiar with the program, and know that you don’t have compatibility issues with it.

LM

Ok ive been running Comodo firewall for 1 day now and i can honestly say ive had no crashing of any of my programms that crashed when i had the other firewall so im sticking with Comodo :■■■■ (:WIN) (CLY)

That’s good to hear (about the lack of crashes)! I’ll go ahead and mark the topic as “Resolved” and close it. Should you need it reopened, just PM a Moderator (please include a link back to this topic) and we’ll be glad to do so.

LM