My Anti Virus UPDATE is not working at all

I am confused… ???

When I click on Anti Virus Update my CIS box comes up saying,
“Failed to update the virus signature database.
Please check your internet connection and try again later.”

It hasn’t updated since July 2012!!! What is going on??? >:(
I am connected to the Internet 24/7. What is going on??? >:(

Can you help me please? Thank you! ;D

what virus database does cis say is installed? found under the more tab → about

Also, can you please let us know which version of the program you are currently running?

Copyright date: 2005 - 2012 CIS

I have been using the FREE version of CIS and never had this problem in years!

If you follow wasgij6’s instructions you will be able to see the actual program version and the database version. Please let us know what the actual numbers are.

Thanks.

Okay, I undertand what you are asking for.

Product Version: 5.10.228257.2253

Virus Signature Database: 12823

Thank you for helping me to figure out what to do.

I really want the virus protection back!

If you run the diagnostics does it find any problems?

Diagnostics states there is no problem with the installation.

Could you please tell me who you are and if you work directly for COMODO?

Hi Guys.
I just dowloaded and installed CIS a couple of days ago, and actually the virus definition update does not work at all. Error is the same reported in this topic so I’m really interested in the solution…
OS is Win7 64 bit
Product version is 5.10.228257.2253 (same as SCPASCC)
Virus signature is 1 (ONE!!!) :cry:
best regards

Please make sure that there are no left overs of previously uninstalled security programs around. Not all uninstallers do a proper job. Left over applications, drivers or services can cause all sort of “interesting effects”.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Let us know if that fixed it or not.

Unfortunately, I was running Symantec Endpoint Protection (that was the standard in my previous company) and there is no removal tool for that (at least not in the page you linked here).
I removed all the Symantec folders and checked that there are no other references in the registry, but the result did not change.
I’m sure the Comodo package is not corrupted as I installed on another machine and it’s working fine. So there’s something wrong on my laptop.
I have temporarily disabled Comodo AV (keeping Firewall and Defense+ which are OK) and installed another free sw. I will try to reinstall everything later this week.
I will follow this thread to see if there’s any interesting update

regards

Please try reinstalling it by following the advice I give in this post.

Ok, I tried a lot of processes to get comodo to do updates, at present still a issue. Here is what i did. performed Advance uninstall program, perform register clean, also ran advance sysytem, perform register cleaner, downloaded comodo cleaner and ran it.
Did this process twice and same issue.

at present have comodo version 5.12.252301.2551 virus def version 1.
ran diagnostic feature of comodo, no issue. Tried to run updates - but will not work; failed…

Can i go back to a older verion which works on other pcs;
their version are 5.10.228257.2253 virus def 13872.