My "...an invalid compiled help (.chm) file" problem...

Hello…

When I click on the Help icon, in CFP, I get the message…

“CPF.chm - Attempting to use an invalid compiled help (.chm) file”.

U-h-h-h-h!??? HEEEE-E-E-E-E-E-E-ELP!

Ian.

Hi, your problem lies here…

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279342

Paul

Hello…

Thank you for replying to my cry for help.

The Microsoft page appears to be referring to the MSDN libraries and Visual Basic 6…something or other. To the best of my limited knowledge, I’m not actually trying to install the MSDN library (whatever that is - it sounds huge, I know that) and I’m not trying to install Visual Basic 6.

Now that I’ve read the explanation on the Microsoft page…could somebody explain the explanation, at all, with view to getting a functioning help file for CFPro?

Is a *.chm file likely to contain, or be launched by, an ActiveX Control, or likely to involve the running of one or more ActiveX Control/s, during use?

Other help files on other softwares on the machine are running well.

I’d appreciate anybody’s insight into what may be happening.

Ian.

Hi, well, we can try this route… Go to your C:\Program files\Comodo , now, find the help file with the big yellow question mark, it should say something like> compiled html help . Right click it and either look for unblock in the immediate window or click on properties and look for “Unblock”. This is a security update from Ms and I had forgotten about it. It only seems to work once in a while “real good security” but if I remember it’s to stop remote execution in html. I went through this when I was a Beta tester for Winzip, same issue. Anyway, this may work. I think in Vista they are no longer using the chm and it’s going to be kaput. Hope this helps, if not, give a yell.

Paul