Multiple Hips apps ok?.

??? I see on many forums that members seem to use sometimes 3/4 hips/ behavior blocking apps at the same time. I am interested in Comodo forum members views, on whether its practicable to use say Defense+ and Drive sentry Hips and say Geswall hips or Prevx edge, at the same time without any antivirus real time elements. Are there any definite advantages/ pros/cons of usiing multiple hips apps as i wonder if one is likely to “pop up” before another, what would determine that happening, or whether another app will pop up at all after “being beaten to the gate” so to speak, by another Hips.

Regars
Dave1234.

Its way to annoying for me. Comodos HIPS is bad enough (but in a good way) and adding to that is just a headache.

Multiple HIPS won’t mean better protection…
And (no? ;D) HIPS out there ain’t as good as D+ anyway…
Adding one more will more likely ■■■■■ stuff up and slow down your system, than to add more security.
Focus on configuring CIS D+ right instead… It got all the options you need, to fully secure yourself. :slight_smile:

Those people don’t know what they are doing…
Or they don’t feel comfortable with a HIPS, some prefer BB blockers as they are less popupish.

Still a HIPS is much more powerful and protect you from everything, thats why I prefer HIPS over any BB blocker, since the HIPS protect you from everything any BB blocker + antivirus + antispyware + multiple ondemand scanners can and more! =) :-TU :-TU Learn how to handle the D+ HIPS then thats all you need, plus a firewall, and the bufferoverflow protection could be good to have too, they are all in CIS! :wink: :slight_smile:

EDIT:: I still recommend running some on demand scanners along (a2, sas + some more) with CIS and a antivirus (cavs? =)… But technically a HIPS is all you need, still having a AV along side won’t hurt especially if you install CIS on a already infected machine, and some antispyware to trace down tracing cookies! xD…