MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error dialog in session 0

I sometimes get an error message in session 0

“Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime errror
c:…” ← It doesn’t provide me with a path just 3 dots >:(

I can’t take a screenshot of it because that doesn’t work in session 0 apparently.

I usually encounter this error when my C drive is full or nearly full.

When i get this error message random stuff on my computers starts failing by waiting on comodo.
Comodo just doesn’t respond.

Double clicking or Right clicking on comodo notification icon doesn’t work.
Not even logging out and in fixes the problem.

The only thing that works i a reboot.

This bug is driving me mad of frustration. Forced to reboot when you are in the middle of something is just so frustrating !

This is a recent bug, comodo didn’t have this bug a few updates ago and it didn’t mind a full hard drive either.

Please fix this bug !

Are you using the latest VC runtime? Try updating to the Latest Supported Visual C++ Downloads from Microsoft and see if that fixes the problem for you.

When a hard drive is almost full it is most likely getting very fragmented slowing down everything pushing Windows and applications to their limits. Please try removing unneeded data and defragmenting. When the pagefile is very fragmented after removing data and defragmenting disable the pagefile and reboot, defragment again and enable pagefile again.

I’ve installed “Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)” just in case.

No it’s got nothing to do with fragmentation.
It is comodos fault, that’s what i’ve tracked it down to.
It’s somehow not forwarding the allow requests so the programs just sits there and waits forever.

It looks like that in that situation cmdagent.exe (Comodo Internet Security Service) may have crashed. Can you check the next time it happens? To see if cmdagent.exe is running you need to have “Show processes from all users” enabled in Task Manager.

It just happened again. :frowning:
I can confirm that “cmdagent.exe” disappears.

That would be worth a bug report I’d say.

Please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Please also follow How to determine which file is causing a manual scan to hang to determine what file was causing the scanner to be hung. Please add this information to your bug report.

So “cmdagent.exe” is called the scanner ?
The anti-virus part is disabled. Should i still take a handles screenshot ?

Problem: I can’t replicate the bug, it occurs randomly. A bug report asks for what i did to cause the bug that is information i can not provide hence the problem.

Besides a bug report haven’t really done me any good before. Only thing it does is waste my time and gets my hopes up >:(

Edit:
I’ve filed a bug report anyway. Just to prove that my bug reports are ignored >:-D