Mozilla plans to release Electrolysis (multi-process architect.) with Firefox 36

Installed Firefox Nightly today, I have to say I was surprised :o
It is snappier than before and it makes me feel faster on pages. It blocks the all legacy add ons I used to use.
I refresh the Firefox and only added Privacy Badger (compatible with 57+) :-TU

I will stick with it now… with no adblockers JoWa :wink: I started to give chance for our free and open web!
(note: built-in tracker protection enabled)

If you want to try it here are they:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/nightly/all/
&

HTTPS Everywhere as WebExtension.
I guess you have already found that Privacy Badger 2 lets you export and import your data.

Nice. Together we will force all advertising companies to follow Adzerk and honour DNT. Any millennium now.

Added HTTPS Everywhere :-TU

Badger caught a few trackers and Firefox’s built-in tracker protection can block some ads on pages (They are 100% tracking ads for sure) I started to see some ads but I am trying to use to see them (for all our goodness) :-\

Feeling better now while thinking “I am hellping the web!” :a0

What happened to Firefox 55‽

It is very nice to see some improvements :-TU I was really impressed by Firefox 56 Nightly. The browser is really responsive. I am not “1691 tabs user”… but stats show Firefox is doing good :-TU My computers is more than 10 years old :frowning: on newer machines Firefox must be smoother browser ever.

I didn’t know that Privacy Badger 2 existed. Is it beta?

:slight_smile:

2.0 is stable.

It is a great tool and must have :-TU It only blocks the tracker ads. Badger forces advertisers to show you better and respectful ads.

It looks like I’m already running version 2.0 then ??? (showing 2017.7.24). Where did you get the wording “2.0” from?

:slight_smile:

Yes you are.

1.x and 2.x were version numbers for Firefox. The first stable version of 2.0 was 2016.12.8 for Chrome. Now the Firefox version too uses release date as version number. Now, 1.x and 2.x can be used to refer to milestones rather than exact versions.

HTTPS Everywhere for Firefox is going the same way, with the switch to WebExtension.

Firefox 56 beta looks better. The content processes are run as job objects, with almost the same restrictions as Chrome’s content processes.

Start Your Engines – Firefox Quantum Lands in Beta, Developer Edition

New Firefox Beta Released With New User Interface, New Core Engine (Bleeping Computer)

Firefox takes a Quantum leap forward with new developer edition (Ars Technica)

[HTTPS-Everywhere] New release 2017.10.30 (WebExtensions)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/https-everywhere/

Finally, stable WebExtension version. Thanks JoWa for the heads-up :-TU

Coming next Tuesday.

[]Here’s What You Need to Know About Mozilla’s New Firefox Browser Coming Next Week (Bleeping Computer)
[
]Firefox 57 to Feature Option for Always-On Tracking Protection (Bleeping Computer)
[*]Upcoming Firefox 57 Gets New Protection Against Apps That Snoop on Users (Bleeping Computer)

Pretty neat features approaching… 8) >:-D

Two days ago, Firefox Quantum was released.

NoScript 10.1.1
First pure WebExtension release

How to enable First-Party Isolation in Firefox

With First-Party Isolation enabled, tracking ends at the domain level which means that advertisers cannot use cookies anymore to create user profiles by dropping and reading cookies across the Internet.

1 - Go to about:config
2 - Find privacy.firstparty.isolate
3 - Double-click on it and make it true

Done.

Excellent - thanks :-TU