Mozilla Firefox Fans — News: Winner of Firefox 4 Home Page Tab Design

This is a topic for Firefox and news about it (note that old news is removed from this first post).

Recent News:

Firefox 4 home tab design challenge, winner announced

[url=http://mozillalabs.com/conceptseries/2010/03/01/home-tab-design-challenge-peoples-choice-award/]Mozilla has announced the winner[/url] for its home tab design challenge, where users get a chance to make a concept design of what the new opening tab will look like. Mozilla asked the community to submit their concept designs, and after more than 3,000 votes, they are ready to announce the winner, and his design.

The winner, Yatrik Solanki, describes his concept images as “Identities, a website launcher, browsing sessions, and a task-oriented ultrasmart search box define my concept. And it’s cool!.”

The design includes a search bar, so users can search some of the top sites, rather than just Google. The home page includes a launcher for recently visited websites and favourites. The concept also includes login history, so users can see which of their favourite sites they are logged in to, or if the page requires login information.

The winning design may not reflect the final UI when Firefox 4 ships, but gives us a good idea what Mozilla is looking for in their new home tab design.

Some screenshots attached, but go here for more. And here is the video.

:BNC

Waits for some Opera fanboy to spoil it. :stuck_out_tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Of course Firefox will keep up.

I could never understand Opera users. I think they intend some mischief. Like Talibans, or Aliens.

Spoil… O0

What do you play about: mushrooms or grass. Or maybe it is a diagnosis :-\

IE8 ftw.

What’s wrong ? I don’t understand why opera is so hated… It’s the most underhyped product ever. It’s fast, it’s configurable and it’s easy to use…

and santaclaus exists…

eXp

I like IE8 myself. I only use Firefox because IE doesn’t let me hide the WOT toolbar and that robs me screen space.

I know, Firefox (and IE) is “hyped” more than Opera…unless of course you are only taking your “data” from these forums. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I should start a “nightly build” topic for Firefox. But I’m not even sure they have 'em. :stuck_out_tongue: 88)

No sure about santa, but I do know about one “ganda claus”.
Of course he doesn’t bring presents, but takes them. ;D

IE8 is slow (even more than FF for me), especially when opening a new tab.

IE8 and even IE7 before it, loads up faster from a cold start than FF does. In my experience with the type of browsing I do, There is no noticeable difference in speed once they are loaded. The only thing I have noticed that FF is faster at is opening multiple tabs at once but since I never do that and never have more than 3 tabs open at a time, all of which are opened seperately, that doesn’t matter to me. IE8 is also more secure in it’s default “out of the box” setup than FF is with it’s defaults and no addons.

FIRE FOX…
more secure! and SUPERCHARGE browsing Engine (:KWL) (:KWL) (:KWL)
(:KWL) (:KWL) (:KWL)
(:KWL) (:KWL) (:KWL)

That would be unfair because IE is loaded within the system, FF is not

eXp

Tried IE8, then removed it - my system was much slower to start and run.

I use FF 3.5.7, Opera 10.10 and play with Opera 10.50.

FF takes ~10s to start, O 10.10 5-6s and O 10,5 ~4s - all from ‘cold’ after boot.
I have FF set up to use mouse gestures, but it is turgid compared with Opera. I keep it just for those ‘browser-sniffing’ sites. IE can’t get out at all ;D

There are some sites that OPERA is NOT compatible that’s the reason why FIREFOX is more popular than any Web Browser specially in ASIAN COUNTRIES. I do not give a Thumbs up for Opera TURBO because the DIAL-UP and SLOW Bandwidth would be there client… that’s why I do not experienced using Opera Turbo fast because turbo is not active within 384-Kbps. For me FIREFOX is still the Fastest Web Browser. My suspect is that, Opera is planning to gain popularity in places / countries that broadband connection is not being use by people due to High billing cost like asian countries. I will switch and give a two thumbs up for Opera if… they will boost a broadband connection from 384-Kbps continuously and therefor people can now subscribe to a chipper broadband connection to save some money and in that case, OPERA will surely Peoples Favorite.

FIREFOX Rules (:WIN) (:WIN) (:WIN)
(:WIN) (:WIN) (:WIN)

[attachment deleted by admin]

:-TU :-TU

Another reason for me liking Firefox is that most all sites work with it. :slight_smile:

I suspect, OPERA launches there TURBO to catch DIAL-UP / LOW RSL WIRELESS BROABAND users which FIREFOX was been a popular on that in the past few years… To be honest, TURBO in Opera is USELESS if you are a broadband subscriber that subscribes a 384-Kbps Un-guaranteed speed from your ISP. It will be impressive if… TURBO boost Connection Continuously and that will surely gain popularity to Opera. My FIREFOX is still the fastest like a Supercharged Mercedes-Benz that beat Turbo of Ferrari in a drag race because even my weather forecast is open during browsing, it is still fast compare to Opera.

I think that FireFox is really the best browser for us to use so don’t worry about anythings else.

Firefox is already fast enough for my taste, I like firefox for its extensions and stuff like that… I guess Improved speed can’t be a bad thing… :smiley:

Please note this test only focuses on JavaScript… :-TD When it comes to browsing with several tabs, I always found FF to be the winner, IE usually lags like a bitch and crashes (at least from my experience) haven’t tested with Chrome, but I won’t use it since its spying on its users… Firefox, simply the best… :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

very well said Men (:CLP)
In addition to that, Firefox is like a SUPERCHARGED Mercedes-Benz that beat TUBRO CHARGED of (Opera) Ferrari.

FIREFOX… The Best!

:■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■

:-TU

I like this topic! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I don’t feel like I’m the only Firefox fan here. 88)

When it comes to number of users of Web Browsers around the globe, FIRE FOX is the winner…