moving from ZoneAlarm to Comodo?

I am a long time user of Zone Alarm free in XP and would like to try Comodo firewall instead. How difficult would the transition be?

Obviously I should not run 2 firewalls at the same time. So should I shutdown ZA to try Comodo or is it necessary to actually uninstall ZA before installing Comodo?

How different are the controls in Comodo.

Also, I use Avast free. Does the Comodo firewall (which I understand also includes an antivirus) replace Avast?

Thanks.

It is recommended to uninstall ZoneAlarm first, although I have tried to have both at the same time, without noticing conflicts (wanted to try for a user if it was possible to use the HIPS/Defense+ of CFP, and keep ZA for firewall purposes).

Haven’t used ZA in a long time so I can’t tell the difference. I think you’ll learn CFP pretty quickly though.

As for antivirus, yes, it is included with Comodo Internet Security (CIS). You can’t download CFP alone anymore, you can only download CIS and then chose in the installer whether to install Firewall, Antivirus, or both. So the full CIS (Firewall, Antivirus, Defense+) perfectly replaces ZA and avast! :slight_smile:

LA

Looking through the older messages I noticed that some have trouble uninstalling Comodo Firewall and that gives me pause. Is it true that it can be difficult to get rid of Comodo if one decides not to use it?

It is true for some users, at least a handful. However, this is the case with almost all software. Comodo claims that the uninstaller of CIS is sufficient. If it fails, it’s a matter of other circumstances.

CIS gets uninstalled by about 4% of the 15 million who tried it, and as far as I can tell, I haven’t seen 600,000 users requesting help. This forum hardly has 60,000 members. :slight_smile:

If you decide to uninstall, and the uninstaller somehow fails, the forum is here to help you. :wink:

LA