Mouse Freezes after using the Kiosk

Once I go back to the Windows Desktop from the Kiosk, my mouse freezes. Everything else functions and I can move around using the arrow keys and such but the mouse won’t work. I have to restart my computer to get it to work again. It’s happened 3 out of 3 times. Can anyone help?

Can you show screenshots of the D+ logs of around the time this happens? To make analysing the logs easier can you tell us around what time you exited kiosk?

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner. I thought no one could help. I opened and exited Kiosk in the same minute, at 11:58 pm EST.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The logs show the following Windows system files getting sandboxed:
wisptis.exe
ctfmon.exe
consent.exe

These files are digitally signed by Microsoft and should therefor be recognised as trusted files and not get sandboxed.

First thing to do is see if these files are digitally signed to see if they are the real deal. To know for sure that a system file is the original file you can use Sigcheck to see if it is digitally signed by Microsoft.

Download this zip archive and unpack it to C:\Program Files\SysinternalsSuite\ . When done run sigcheck.reg to add it to the registry.

When this is done navigate to the system32 folder, look up and select the file you want to check, click right and choose Signature from the context menu. A black command box will pop up. See if it is signed or not.

If the files are digitally signed by Microsoft then we know that they should not be sandboxed. Can you tell us a bit more about your system. What OS and Service Pack, what version of Comodo and what other security programs do you run and if they run in the background or are used on demand only?

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. I use CIS v6, latest Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D. I think Spybot runs in the background as well.

I got it to work now. I did what you said and made sure that wisptis.exe, ctfmon.exe and consent.exe are trusted files. Thanks!! :smiley:

Do you have the free version or the paid version of MBAM?

How did you get it to work?

Free. And I went to Tasks > Sandbox Tasks > Open Advanced Settings > “the specified files/folders”, then I put them as exceptions.

Thanks for reporting back.

Does this always happen when you switch back from Kiosk to Windows? This behaviour looks like the situation where sometimes CIS does not always recognises a couple of Windows system files after returning from Sleep mode.

Since I upgrade to CID v6 it was like that.

That means you used 5.1x before. How did you switch to v6?

I uninstalled it and installed v6.

If I understand correctly the problem happens each time you close Kiosk then we are looking at a bug.

If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

I’m having the same problem. I put the 3 files

wisptis.exe
ctfmon.exe
consent.exe

in the list of exceptions under

Tasks > Sandbox Tasks > Open Advanced Settings > “the specified files/folders”

but the mouse is still freezing when coming out of virtual kiosk. Any way for me to fix this?