Modify button is disabled if Block is selected in Process Access Right dialog (V3.5.55810.432 X32)

My system specs are:
P4 HT 3 GHz and over 1gb ram available and XP sp3 32bit, HW DEP Optout.
Other apps: Comodo Safesurf, Unlocker assistant, Speedfan, Daemon tools 4.30.1 , CIS 3.5.55810.432, COMODO Vulnerability Analyzer 1.1.4, Logitech Setpoint 4.60.122, Symantec Software Virtualization 2.1.3062

Modify Button is disabled if Default action is Block in Process Access Right dialog (pic attached) but luckily it is still possible to add exceptions to the default block action by switching the default action to ASK and applying this change.

The expected design would be
Default ASK = Modify button enabled - Allow and block tab of the child dialog enabled
Default ALLOW = Modify button enabled - Block tab of the child dialog enabled and Allow tab grayed out
Default BLOCK = Modify button enabled - Allow tab of the child dialog enabled and block tab grayed out

[s]I really hope that any fix will not limit the configurability further. :-[/s]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi, Gibran.

The by-design behavior is:
Defense+ first looks for the file in allowed and blocked lists (allowed first) and if it did not find any - it looks for the default action which is determined with those tree radio-buttons(ask/allow/block).

So it should not disable that buttons at all, as Allow/Block lists are still used if allow or block default action is selected.
Disabling the ‘‘Modify’’ buttons will be fixed in further versions.

I think you should be able to change which list to prioritize (Block over Allow, or Allow over Block).

Thanks for the explanation, I striked out the inaccurate assumption as I misunderstood the usage pattern. :-[

I was concerned about that option as I needed an alternate way to lock automated training for safelisted apps (and I really missed the pending file list for all D+ modes to easly submit new executables without digging program filles and system32 folders).

On a side note the Protection Setting dialog doesn’t disable the Modify… button when the protection is disabled although it is not possible to keep custom entries until the cooresponding protection is enabled.