missing context menu

I recently installed CIS and do not have a context menu item for doing anti-virus scans on selected files. I tried this registry change:
regsvr32 “%ProgramFiles%\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavshell.dll”
but it fails to load under Windows 7 64bit, saying that the module could not be found.

I also tried to get this:
Hi Mielsen & welcome to the Comodo Forums, download this freeware here; Multipurpose DLL Information & Registration Tool and then revisit the same site to get free activation for this particular tool right from the site itself, then once that’s done use this tool to locate cavshell.dll in your Comodo Internet Security directory and click register from within Emsa Register DLL Tool. Reboot your system thereafter, you should now have right click context menu access to Comodo Antivirus scanning for individual files or directories Thumb Up

However, Windows 7 is not listed as being an OS under which it will work.

Any ideas?

Did you check that the cavshell.dll actually exists?

Sure did:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo Firewall\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavshell.dll

It seems you installed the 32 bits version on CIS on a 64 bits OS. May be there is your problem?

No, I installed the 64 bit version. But I know what went wrong.
When I did the installation, I did not do it to the default location. That meant that the regsvr fix did not work because it did not contain the proper path.

I changed the path in the regsvr command to the correct one but when I ran it, my entire system ■■■■■■■ up. I could not open any apps and trying to correct the registry entry manually just seemed to make matters worse. Total disaster.

I bit the bullet and did a fresh install from a True Image backup (thanks, Acronis!). Then I reinstalled CIS and used the default path. It then worked fine including the context menu.

Hope this will be of help to others in a similar situation