Misc, Crashing during configuration
When I made a change to the global policy under network security policy it crashed more specially when I was opening UDP in/out on port 427 and the second crash came while I was monitoring network traffic and placing a program in the sandbox. It did not initially crash when I placed the program in the box but shortly afterword.
- What you did: Attempted to change global policy under network security policy the other motoring traffic with View active connections and placing a program in the sandbox
- What actually happened or you actually saw: The program crashed a window popped up with the words you seem to have uncovers a bug
- What you expected to happen or see: I expected the settings to change and to be able to monitor communication and place programs in the sandbox without issues
- How you tried to fix it & what happened:They were sudden crash dumps not much I can to to fix the issue. I attempted to find programs running in memory that conflict with CIS but I found non.
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: N/A
- Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link: N/A
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: I was able to go back in and make the adjustments without further issues as of right now.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): My best guess would be an unknown compatibility issues or memory conflict. That makes the most sense to me
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: non yet I will if the issue comes up again.
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file: I uploaded both dump files I did not take screen shots of the inital pop ups but if the issues happens again I will
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: I have CIS version 5.3 with the anti virus, the configuration is a bit customized. I changed the my configuration from internet to proactive. I have the firewall in training mode to help me troubleshoot some network connectivity issues which are now resolved I plan on putting the firewall back up to safe mode. The virus signatures are 7797.
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: N/A
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: I have reinstalled the program twice, it was just the firewall first, my second install has the anti-virus with it.
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: N/A
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:N/A
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+=Safemode , Sandbox=Enabled , Firewall =Training, AV = Stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7 64 bit UAC Defualt settings account type is Administrator and the SP1 is the service pack
- Other security and utility software installed:Smart defrag is running in memory no other security features are installed
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)No Virtual machines used on the machine
[attachment deleted by admin]