Minor Bug (XPSP2 FP 32bit, CFP 3.0.17.304)

Minor hiccup

Open CFP and click DEFENSE+ → ADVANCED → COMPUTER SECURITY POLICY → ALL APPLICATIONS, highlight “*” and click EDIT.

You get a message stating “You need to use My File Groups window to delete this item”.

I didn’t want to delete it, just look at it! :wink:

Oops I never read that dialog. That alert is out of context. You need to click the “All apllication” heading not the * one.

EDIT: Maybe is not a bug that is the alert usually triggered when an user is clicking on a protected enty filename.

Basically it tells the user that those entries can only be viewed

No it doesn’t!! It gives clear, explicit instructions on how to remove a global application policy!

This is like saying “Please don’t ever try and use my PIN of 1-2-3-4”.

DUMB!
DUMB!
DUMB!

A better way to handle it would be to display a dialogue saying “This entry cannot be edited”.

I guess that it’s more refined than this. it like saying "“Please don’t ever try and use my PIN of 1-2-3-4 on the safe behind that Picasso paint” ;D

Anyway all CFP dialogs like this usually say “You need to use … to edit this item” while it could have been simpler to load the specific dialog instead of that popup I guess they made so to prevent users from changing those application groups whitout realizyng this could affect many different settings.

Maybe this alert should be sinply changed to mention edit.