Microsoft to Let Windows 7 Die Quicker than Windows XP

Yeah all they care about is the profit… Ppl using old OS = bad for business… 88)

But same ppl actually at some point spend money to buy that old OS, you don’t need to force a user to buy a thing this usually end bad for company, because ppl aren’t robots, if something is annoying they give up at that thing. And lets face it at some point in near futures same ppl will buy a new OS, but that decision is theirs. Open mind is the key to all problems.

For whom or what would it be good that people use obsolete software?

For no one, but this decision is of ppl not of M$, at some stage all will embrace new OS 8.1>… same thing goes with cars right now the majority is with internal combustion but in near future all will be electrical. This is why changes need time :-La

Nope, I won’t. :a0 I chose a different path, and without doubt more people will do the same. :slight_smile:

:smiley: see an open mind here :-TU

I didn’t see anything in the article about taking away the extended support until 2020.

Mainstream support for Windows 7 will end on January 13, 2015, while extended support, which only includes bug fixes and a number of critical security patches, will end on January 14, 2020.

What I read is that they will not extend the extended support past 2020 like they did with XP. It will be like 8 years of support instead of the 12 that XP has had.

2020 is a good 7 years away so it’s not that bad. That said, come April 2014, I’ll be sad to see XP go :cry: but will welcome Ubuntu and Kubuntu to the scene ;D.

:slight_smile: