Microsoft Network Monitor 3.2

I have a certain memory (as poor as it is) of NetMon from W2k… it was fairly functionless & pretty useless. It didn’t get any better with XP either, they didn’t even bother to change the icon IIRC!

Recently I ran into Network Monitor 3.2, I needed it for something else. It could not believe this was NetMon and, of course, it wasn’t NetMon in anything but name. NetMon has massively improved since I last used or considered it. If you’ve never tried it or have not tried it recently, then I recommend that you do so, it’s worth a look.

I’m considering using NetMon over Wireshark as my primary packet sniffer. I’m still reeling from the fact that NetMon is an Microsoft product… and a free one at that! There’s a fair bit of on-line TechNET type stuff with NetMon as well, which is useful. Yes, ganda, they have pictures. :slight_smile:

Anyway, let me know what you think. What’s your impressions?

Download Page for Microsoft Network Monitor 3.2

Microsoft Network Monitor blog

ganda: Packet Sniffer

huh ??? does it have anything to do with me ???

ah well, this topic needs a bump (:TNG)

Is this going to be discounted like Onecare?

Josh

This isn’t an AV, Anti-Malware or, even, a security product. Thus General.

I guess it depends on what you think it is. It’s been around a really long time already.

really? packet snifer… sounds like a watchdog companion 88)
yeah, whatever, you guys discuss it (move it back if you think necessary) :stuck_out_tongue: i’ll just stick in my thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Harsh. I left you a link in the first post describing what a packet sniffer was & the other link had pictures, as promised. Moody Mod. :stuck_out_tongue: