[Merged topic] When will COMODO fix the problem with nProtect GameGuard?

Never tested Game Mode function with one of those nProtect GameGuard games !
Will try it on this weekend to see if is better with the Game Mode on !

i think the problem with gameguard only occurs in windows XP… when i switched to win7, i never encountered the problem again, even using COMODO’s previous version 4.1…

How does the Game Mode function? isn’t it supposed to stop AV’s real-time scanning and updates? If so, is Game Mode useless if i only installed the firewall?

i am heavy heart now…but i think i don wan to install CIS 1st,until someone officially tell me it is fixed or use gamemode is ok.

it would be better if you try first… ^^

lol…erm…ok i try.

Ok,so i have try alot of settings in the comodo v5…the latest release,and when i start the gameguard games,even though i try many diffrent settings,i still got this error…(a resource is unavailable)…pls fix that.And i am begging comodo to fix the comodo and gameguard issue…pls…thx

Like posted a lot of times (use search function) on the forums this is a gameguard issue, not a comodo issue. So ask gameguard to solve it.

I know it is the gameguard issue…but gameguard support is terrible…so i am begging comodo to contact the gameguard officers to solve it.I am not trying to be rude here…pls don misunderstand…can u all help me pls

I think this may now be resolved. Please:

1. Exclude gameguard and all files in you game directory from buffer overflow detection. Use defense plus settings ~ image execution control ~ buffer overflow correction exclusions
  2. Make gameguard and all files in you game directory trusted

[CIS5 & GameGuard] A required resource was unavailable.

Deactivate Defense+ or Enable Defense+ too.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Merged your topic with an existing topic. Please try the suggestions in this topic to see if they are of help for you.

i got game guard to run under comodo V5.0.162636.1135

Defense + tab

Defense + settings

Execution control tab

click exclusions

then i added the game folder to there mine was

c:\gpotato\rappelz

it takes a bit of time to load for after that it seems to run fine.

That works for me also. You can’t open anything else while playing tough… but it’s not safe to open anything while running Gameguard anyways… it’s so nasty your computer can freeze.