Meaning of Threat Names in Scan Report

I recently started using Cav and after a scan, a number of threats were discovered and listed in the results. Two were named “Trojan” something but 4 had names that started with “heur”. Can someone tell me where the meaning of this type of name is located and what should be done with the file? would appreciate any assistance.

‘Heur’ means the heurists algorithms found the threat.
Submit the file to be checked as to whether it is a FP or actual threat.

Thanks John. When submitted what happens, will I get a reply with the results and if so how long does it usually take?

I myself have not submitted any files so I do not have an answer to that question.
Sorry.

Thanks John.

First, the fastest way to get a file analyzed is to report it here:

If you report it as suspicious they will not send you an email with the results of the analysis. However, if you report it as a false positive, which is what you should do, they’ll send you an email letting you know if it is malicious or not. This usually only takes a few hours.

Thanks for the response. I’m not sure how to get to the file outside of comodo. when I tried to access the Quarantine directory it says no access?

You have to disable the real-time scanner for CIS. Then you restore the file from quarantine. Make sure you note the path name so you can find it to submit after you release it. At this point you can submit it.

After this you can enable the real-time scanner again and let it be quarantined. After they send you their analysis you can then decide whether to delete it or to release it permanently from quarantine.

Thanks