Maybe CB is somewhat immature...

CB is great. In its feature list. But to this date I could not use and rely on it.

First: it makes an invaluable tool, KeePass, to crash. Please see https://forums.comodo.com/help-cb/cb-makes-keepass-to-crash-t83984.0.html. Ok, maybe KeePass is the guilty part, but I can’t use CB any way before I can get this issue solved. I’m trying to get help on both sides (KeePass / Discussion / Help: Incompatibility - Comodo Backup). For now, I have renamed “C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMMON\ShellExtension.dll” to “C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMMON\ShellExtension.bak.dll” in order to continuing CB testing without crashing KeePass. Of course, CB complains, but I noticed no harm beyond that.

Second: CB has its own problems. I never was able to mount a CB backup as a virtual drive. Never. I’ve tried it on two different machines, Win Vista Ultimate 32-bit and Win 7 Professional 64-bit, both as clean as possible. So I can’t use CB to make “disk, partitions and mbr” backups, since they don’t allow me to do a partial restore, and I can’t mount the disk backup in order to browse on it and find the desired files. By the way, renaming “C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMMON\ShellExtension.dll” has nothing to do with it. I’ve tested it. I am forced to make “files and directories” backup. I can’t mount them either, but at least they allow me to do selective restores.

The outcome: I can’t trust CB. If it can be so buggy on lateral features, how can I trust that it will do my backup right and keep it safe?

Any comments will be welcome.

It seems to me that you should post this in CBU bug reports at https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cb/comodo-backup-4140-bug-reports-t85993.0.html.

Also post any backup/restore log files from your CBU runs and the CBU debug files as well. You can get debug files by running dnginfo.bat which you will find in \Program Files\COMODO\COMODO BackUp. I have done this a few times and the developers respond fairly quickly.

Please post the debug logs after you reproduce the second problem.
This will help us determine the cause.

Thanks