massive problems with cis 3.12.111745.560 on windows 7 ultimate x64!!!!

hello

i cannot say exacly what is the problem… on my system i had massive performance/compatibility issues after install cis :frowning:

-extrem slow reaction of cis & programs ,pc freeze a long time
-i have allow all cis popups for the important programs/services ,but cis never saved any user interaction and alltime i received the exactly same popups again and again… :frowning: ??

i think cis has big problems with windows 7 ultimate x64 ,and after uninstalling cis (time to uninstall: many hours…) all is running fine

active programs:

-miranda
-steam
-utorrent
-nvidia driver

• windows services

system:

mainboard: msi dka790gx platinum
cpu: amd phenom II 940be 4x3,8ghz
ram: ocz 4gb 1066
graphic: nvidia gtx260 oc-edition

I know there are people running CIS on Win7 with no issues, but I don’t believe Win7 is officially supported yet.

I had no problem with 3.12.111745.560 on Win 7 x64 unitl yesterday morning (21st) when I booted up (the previous evening was fine).

When I boot into Windows 7 now it is taking around 10 minutes to become resoponsive, once it has booted (after 10 minutes) the system stays responsive. I booted in this morning with the same slow boot and Windows wanted to do an update which I let it do, I rebooted and it actually seemed worse because all I got for 10-15 minutes was a black screen. Once it booted up I checked to see what Windows had installed in the last couple of days and found the following:

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.67.940.0)
Installation date: ‎20/‎10/‎2009 6:43 AM

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB974431)
Installation date: ‎21/‎10/‎2009 7:45 AM

I think (but don’t know for sure) that it was the update on the 20th that may have caused the issues because prior to that I had no issues.

Somebody reported a problem with update 2670: https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t46742.0.html . Users on 2672 report no problems. May be that was bugging here as well?

:frowning: :frowning:

i dont know…

i never had any software problems on my system ,iam an advanced user but on windows 7 x64 + cis 3.12 the first time i have these issues…

on my last system: vista ultimate x64 with cis 3.11 ,no problems

these issues makes my system unuseable ,i cannot install cis again without fix for cis

the thing is ,i have test my system with windows 7 ultimate x64 only (no software installed ,no drivers)

and after installation of cis 3.12 ,the same issues :frowning: … i have found no way to fix this

Well I don’t know what is happening but when booting in this morning and last night my system seems to be back to normal so maybe the install of the second fix

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB974431)
Installation date: ‎21/‎10/‎2009 7:45 AM

did work after all, it was a reliabilty and stability fix so maybe they found an issue because it came out within 24 hours of the other fix.

Anyway all back to normal, one thing I did do last night was update the virus definition to the latest version (2681) from 2663, not sure if that helped?

i didnt have update my system via windows update ,never installed any win 7 updates…

5 minutes ago i started the windows update (it found 5 important updates) but i receive 2 error codes… all updates are downloaded but windows cannot install these updates

code 8000ffff
code 8e5e0408

cant find good information about these error codes

Try to install the updates again and stay around in the process in case there is a D+ alert that needs to be taken care of.

??? i have uninstall cis ,see my last posts plz

no one help. i never install cis again!