mapping a network drive takes a very good amount of time
Before installing CIS 5.X , mapping a network drive takes 3 sec " rough approxiamtion " but now with CIS installed it takes long time.----------------------------------------------------------
- What you did: I tried mapping a network drive as I usually do
- What actually happened or you actually saw: it took more than the usual to do so.
- What you expected to happen or see: I expected the drive to be mapped in a very short time " as it used to be ".
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: I tried disabling all the components with no success at all
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: I’m using Network Drive Mapper to map the drive but I found out that it’s nothing but a shortcut to the core functionality which is embedded in the system
- Details (exact version) of any application involved with download link: Network Drive Mapper 1.0
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: try mapping a network drive " before " installing CIS and see how long it takes, now , repeat what you have done after installing CIS, it should take longer time to do so < and if you used the software it might hang.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): uninstalling CIS seems to resolve the issue and it has nothing to do with the other program because as i said it’s just a shortcut to the core functionality
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:N/A
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List: N/A
- A CIS config report or file. default
- Crash or freeze dump file: N/A
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.xX
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4:
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:N/A
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: N/A
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:N/A
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): N/A
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= , Sandbox= , Firewall = , AV = : Stock
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: windows xp sp3 x86 , admin
- Other security and utility software installed: N/A
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):N/A