Mapped network drives do not appear

Hi,

Can anyone help with Comodo Backup version 2.0.108800.9? When I open and select Files and Directories I cannot see my mapped network drives. This works perfectly in version 1.0.4.337

Thanks

ThinGeoff ???

We will fix that in a future update.
A work around for this is to type in the “\ComputerName\ShareName” or “\192.168.xxx.yyy\ShareName” path in backup step 3 in the “Save as” box, when selecting “Network”.

Thank you

Emanuel,

I have the same problem, but your solution seems to make the mapped network drive into the destination. I want to backup a mapped network drive and have the destination for the backup files be on the host/local computer. In other words, I have a USB hard drive connected to an XP machine which has COMODO installed. I need to backup a mapped network drive (mapped on the XP machine) to the USB hard drive. However, the mapped drive doesn’t sho up under the “backup” tab, only the physical drives on the host show up. Help

ditto problem. I’m also looking to backup a mapped drive to my daughters pc but I only see local drives as selectable.

Thanks for the help.

chad

Dear Cephalon and ncisrael,

With version 2.0 you cannot backup mapped network drives.
You can only backup data from your local machine.

Thank you

Any chance of getting more information on whether this feature will ever be supported in a future version? It would be very helpful for backing up network attached storage devices which don’t have their own backup functionality.

Hi

We will add this feature in a further release.

“We will fix that in a future update.
A work around for this is to type in the “\ComputerName\ShareName” or “\192.168.xxx.yyy\ShareName” path in backup step 3 in the “Save as” box, when selecting “Network”.”

The above was posted in September, 2009. While this is a workable work around, it is somewhat cumbersome to type in each time a backup is run and this backup path format does not store in the saved script file. Any chance this issue will be fixed in the near future?