Manually disable Secure DNS for single site

Hi all,

using secure DNS, and works fine so far. Thanks for that.

Question: is there a way to easily disable the service for a single site? For example firewalls allow you to manually open ports. I would like to do the same for Secure DNS: Manually setting NOT to use Comodo proxies when visiting site www.whatever.com.

Why would I want that?
I assume that Comodo keeps some logs on web traffic etc., that potentially could be “re-used”, be it for advertisement or data mining purposes, or even by law enforcement agencies from hell knows which country! I know Comodo has privacy rules etc., that is all fine and nice, but it wouldn’t be the first time that some U.S. court forces service providers to disclose information, would it?

As I said, in most cases I am happy to use Secure DNS to have a save connection, but in some single cases I may want to opt for privacy over security. And for such cases it would be great if I had some easy way to manually disable the proxy settings used by Comodo.

So questions are:
a) is that possible?
b) if yes, how to do?
c) if not, any work-around?

Thanks for any answer
Cheers

That’s impossible ( as far as I know).

By the way, what is the privacy policy for Secure DNS? Does anyone know? Is information stored in a “Google style”? At least I’d like to hear it is deleted after a short period.

Although you can not disable the secure DNS for a single site, you should be able to bypass it by creating an entry for the site in your hosts file.

The hosts file on XP (I am not certain if it is the same for Vista and Win 7) is usually located:
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc

It is a text file without an extension so should be opened with notepad when you are prompted which program to use and the format of the entries is “IP address [space or tab] DNS name” e.g. for these forums:

91.199.212.149 forums.comodo.com

Many of us are still wondering about the Privacy Policy, The Data Retention Policy, A List Of What Data Is Stored, The Rules For What/When/How/Who Data Will Or Can Be Shared With, and some other general detailed/broken down/organized information about Comodo DNS and its privacy/security/storage/etc.

We still have not found the answer to many of our questions or had anyone respond from Comodo in detail on the website or forum in the days, weeks, months, since Comodo DNS has been out; but I could be wrong, forgive me in advance if I am.

I look forward to this information being easily available in the Help, FAQ, Forum, Website, Block Page, CIS, etc.

I am trying to keep my eyes and ears open for the answers, I will keep trying. :wink:

I do want to thank the Comodo Team for all that they do and provide, I imagine yall are pretty busy, but it would be nice to get some of this information in advance before a new product is released and/or when requested multiple times by members of the community; on a reasonable time scale of course.

Keep up the good work and thank you for your time,
-John Jr :slight_smile:

There are a few ways of accomplishing such tasks,

a way that i use is simply batch files, another is using a proxy server, another is using a VM,

As for now there aren’t any browsers that i’m aware of that can do such tasks using options, without having a proxy set up…

Hope this helps

Jake

Did you ever figure out how to do it OP (Original Poster) or did you switch to another DNS service? :slight_smile: