Manual Update: The system cannot find the file specified.

Last night, after playing in Steam and logging off, I noticed that Comodo Firewall v5.3.181415.1237 had a notice telling me that updates are available.

So, I update. At 1% complete, and since it was pretty late, I decided to cancel and update in the morning. It was going to update to v5.4…

So I turn off PC and internet connection and call it a day.

Next morning, which is today, I boot up PC, turn on internet connection, and manually check for updates, check Steam updates, email, yada-yada-yada. But the blasted Comodo updater keeps telling me this:

The system cannot find the file specified.

Now, I read this in the forum: https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/vendorsha-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified-t66348.0.html and it seems to say that all I need is patience and try again later in the day.

Well? What should I do?

Their is a small issue with the new version, the link below should help explain the current situation.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-541890681354-released-t72243.0.html

As Captainsticks Points Out;

The Update Process is on Pause due to a ARP Cache Protection Bug;

The Bug Fix will be release on this monday

Thanks!

Will try again on Monday then.

It would have been nice to get a more descriptive error message, though, instead of having to dig through the support forums to find it here. Errors like this one or along the lines of “Error 0x0638BEEFCACE” aren’t actually all that helpful…

So where’s the update? >_>

My colleague Dennis2 found a solution where copying cfpupdat.exe to the CIS installation folder helped to overcome the problem. The file can be downloaded from here.

That worked nicely. Spank you.

Spank me? Hhhhhmmmm… I am not into that kinda thing… :smiley:

I’m having the same problem, 4 months after it’s supposedly solved.
The cfpupdat.exe from the zip does not help

Updates have been suspend please replace the file you change with your old one.

This was a specific problem that happen in one previous version.

I will removed the files so no one else tries this, they will have to ask if they have than specific version.

Dennis

Will this problem ever go away? Again I have 2 installed system from 5,8 to 5.9. Why is this happening? It has been going on with so many versions now??? >:(

/W

Please note updates have been suspended, that is why you have this problem now.

Please read here.

Thank you

Dennis

this problem is popping up again , 12-20-11) 8:05pm

The updates have been suspended. Please do not double post, as it is a violation of Forum Policy.

hello, please can I ask, I am getting the same message with CIS512 for windows 8, thank you :-TU

Please start a separate topic for that joe7 because your problem is with Win 8.That way you will get a better exposure for your problem.

thank you