Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware [Merged]

Hey guys :slight_smile:

Did anyone of you already tested this Anti-Malware scanner from Malwarebytes ???

I saw that some highly respected Security Experts on other forums are using the program to remove malware with. So it can’t be bad :wink: As I understand it the free version can only be used as an on demand scanner.

Greetz, Red.

I’ve been using MBAM since the early beta and I have to say it’s an impressive piece of software.During my tests on various infected systems it appears to be very effective at finding and removing malware; it’s constantly being updated too. Since the free version is fully functional as an on-demand scanner I’d certainly recommend it as part of the anti-malware toolkit. :■■■■

Thnx for the answer :slight_smile:

I have installed it, and it is realy easy to use :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

I used it only yesterday to remove Zango and other nasties off a heavily infected PC. It found and removed everything effortlessly,it appears to be becoming a high quality scanner. :■■■■

Just tested this app. It found 700+ instances of Trojan.Zlob. It flagged all of my CAVS files, all of my AVG-AS files, and all of my CAVS database. As I was quite surprised, have been running a clean computer with CFP-3, CAVS, BoClean, and CMF, I ran several other anti spyware/malware scans to be sure. Super Anti-spy, Spysweeper, Housecall, Kaspersky on line, and AVG-AS. Every one of the other scans came back clean.

I also did a registry search for the changes that Zlob makes and found none. I did a file search for any and all files associated with Zlob…again none.

I would be interested in your thoughts on this.

John

Hey JJasper :slight_smile:

That’s weird :-\ I saw your post, so I just did a Full Scan with Database Version 447 from 3/3/2008 and it flagged no AVG-AS files, or any other files :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Rednose

Maybe I had a bad install of the application. I will wait for a few days and try to reinstall and scan again.

John

That is a strange thing :-\ MBAM isn’t that long out of beta so possibly a bug you found there.I’ve got AVG-AS installed (on demand only) and haven’t had any issues so that one is a mystery.It’ll be interesting to hear if your issue persists.It is being developed at quite a pace with regular new versions so it’s quite possible than any bug will soon be fixed.

Installed MBAM on another heavily infected pc this evening and again great results,it got rid of everything.I’ve got a really good feeling about this little application. :■■■■

It sounds like it is ok. I think that I just had a bad install or something else went wrong. Maybe a conflict with BoClean? I will let you know when I try it again.

John

John,

If the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact us and we will resolve the issue quickly. ;D

Marcin

Thanks Malwarebytes

My latest scan. Again all safe files, same as last time with extra added this time. The only thing I did was install in non default folder and drive. Everything else is default. I saved my log file but don’t want the world to get it. Does MB have a place to send logfiles?

John

[attachment deleted by admin]

This honestly seems like a bad program. Apparently there are a lot of false positives (or it seems that way) and i wouldnt test it on my systems. Granted its a legit program, but it dosnt look up to par.

That is a very bad judgement without even testing our product. Sad how you can make a judgement like that.

John, if you visit our contact page (I do not want to ‘spam’ any links here or get in trouble with the admins) you will find my e-mail address to which you can send the logs. This is a big problem and I will get to the bottom of it immediately.

Marcin ;D

Thanks Marcin

Will do that shortly.

John

Downloaded today,seems like a nice program just entries for a poker site i visit came up(as usual) but all else seemed pretty smooth,not 3 bad.

Matty

ps got a Royal Flush in a pub game yesterday well chuffed :BNC

I need to report the latest. I sent my log report to Marcin at Malwarebytes and in a few minutes a fix was posted and the latest scan was what I expected. Thanks Marcin and Malwarebytes. Excellent little program!

John

[attachment deleted by admin]

Good to hear :slight_smile:

I think this is a good one for my “emergency” usb stick ;D

Greetz, Red.

Well I saw the false positives that were brought up, so I dont need to test the program to see how it works. Now that its fixed I commend you, but ill wait for future releases.

Info-Sec :slight_smile:

How can you be so sure that those where false positives ??? It could have been a bug related to the non default installation as well :wink: At least they fixed it, and fast :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

I tested the new version, no more FP, no more ob files. Now runs very well.