malware

ok hello guys

and sorry if i post it in wrong section i dont know where to post it !

so so my question is

i have installed

(free version) → COMODO Internet Security

so i was wondering does this also cover malware ??

will it protect my computer from malware also or only virus

and can it block keyloggers ?

and is there a way i can set it up to auto scan my usb drives when ever i insert them

Yes, CIS also covers malware.

The Defense+ component can block keyloggers.

It will scan any files you access on your USB drive.

:slight_smile: i don’t think defense plus will stop keylogger if some one allow it when we ask

and

if comodo has inbuilt malware protection than why does they give us 

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/anti-malware.php

and 

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/cloud-scanner.php

comodo doesnt scan usb automatically is there way that it should scan it when i plug it in

Of course not. It also won’t stop a virus if we allow it either… :wink:

BOClean is a product that has been incorporated into CIS. The cloud scanner is also defunct. CIS has cloud scanning functionality.

It doesn’t need to scan it automatically when you plug it in. As I mentioned before, any files accessed from your USB drive will be scanned.

Meaning, if you attempt to open any of those files, the AV will scan them.

The AV component of CIS is an on-access scanner. Meaning, files are only scanned when they are accessed. It’s a waste of system resources to scan files that aren’t a threat to your systems security. The only time malware is a threat is when it attempts to execute. This is when the AV in CIS will catch it. And if the AV doesn’t catch it, you still have the automatic sandbox and the HIPS to help keep your system safe.

In the end no security program can totally protect from user error.That’s why in the real world there are things like driver licenses.

and ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ if comodo has inbuilt malware protection than why does they give us

and

The second page is for a discontinued cloud based scanner. CCS allowed for a quick scan to see if a computer was infected.
<blockquote>comodo doesnt scan usb automatically is there way that it should scan it when i plug it in</blockquote>Locking down autostarts of USB and other media is a better way of preventing infection.  When the USB drive or stick gets accessed by Explorer f.e. CIS will scan it and that is still early enough.

thanks a lot guys for the info

i just have a last question !

if i go to parental control

and check suppress alerts

will it CIS automaically choose to allow or block the virus /

block, comodo has a default deny architecture.