Malware using signed signatures [Merged topic]

Sorry, Sallafical…Ill send it to you later today or tomorrow cause Im not at home right now…

Hi, guys!

Here is another one…

http://camas.comodo.com/cgi-bin/submit?file=3d406861f9dfc99feb92aab6b0f593442f4236bbcddd5ae2957b7a74981cc663

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=3d406861f9dfc99feb92aab6b0f593442f4236bbcddd5ae2957b7a74981cc663-1292848515

Malware uses intmedialab digital signature and is trusted by Comodo.

This file is detected by on-demand scan but you can download it and run/install it without any CIS/Real time AV pop-up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

May I kindly suggest having one thread for these bypasses?

Altough not an ideal solution (i reported Microsoft/Sysinternal behaving as trusted even if the Trusted Vendors List is empty and the Cloud disabled) i again advocate for the same solution: don’t trust anyone and delete your Trusted Vendors List.

It pertains only to you, and not to whatever software, to appreciate what should be trusted or not.

Eric,

can you merge all four topics that I started in the past few days into single one?

Thanx!

This is being looked into.

Thanks
-umesh

look here for malware research people

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
:D

and what is this group what advantage ? nothing :o

hello siketa

I think it’s better to edit your post and make a very short and straight list ( each input with only 2 links vt & cama ) , anyway it’s up to u …

thanks for reporting these malwares

Another way is providing customization options and capability to delete built in vendors in TVL and disable TVL updates from Comodo. Then advance users can just delete the vendors they don’t like and prevent new vendors adding to their custom local TVL.

+1000

but even if you had deleted all the “trusted vendors” you still must be very careful : last week they have published a little program update that completely restored this list >:(

Many of us have been asking for this sort of control over the list for a long time. :-\

It’s my PC, why don’t I have any say about who gets added to my list by Comodo? If I’ve never even heard of the company, it’s silly to assume I trust them.

Merged

Vendor ‘sogou.com’ has been removed from TVL after we have found questionable practices used by it.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi salaficall,

This sample was wrongly marked as safe in cloud and virus total version doesn’t use cloud as of now, so it got detected in virus total and not in CIS. Safe sign has been removed and CIS should also detect it now.

Thanks
-umesh

Note: We are in process of integrating cloud enabled scanner in Virus Total.

Vendor ‘intmedialab’ has been found unsuitable for TVL due to questionable practices used by it and has been removed.

Please bear in mind these are not typical cases of malware but more of adware sort. At times vendor flip-flops and one version of installer may be asking about add ons while other may not.

Thanks
-umesh

thanks umesh

keep up the good work

Thanks for the clarification umesh. :-TU

Soon It may be reasonable to create Comodo’s Validation Program (Free of Course)

Where software developers can come and submit and Comodo will review their projects/software and if they pass, Comodo issues a Cert that they may slipstream into their software in the cerrt that they may already have. and so CIS will detect the Cert and will show no pop ups at all,
and I think this will boost up Comodo’s popularity and also may cripple it … idk
just a thought

AKA Like Microsoft’s Windows Logo Program

Great Marketing I think, You go through our program, and your Company/Software will be listed where 35Million+ Users will be able to see that you are a safe company, and that you have been through our rigorous tests etc etc Here at comodo we believe trust is the key to security. Our 35 Mil+ users will be able to trust you too! etc
idk

Hehe… Just a thought…

Jake