Malware detected by COMODO in VT but not with CIS5

CIS 5 is my only real-time protection, I have also Malwarebytes Antimalware Free( on-demand), SuperAntiSpyware Free(on-demand) and ClearCloud DNS server.

My other settings in CIS:
Antivirus: On Access
Execution Control Settings: Limited
Sandbox: enabled
Monitor Settings: All
Firewall: Custom Policy

And I have never tried clean pc or training mode.

can you give me the md5 of the malware files, I want to compare to make sure they are the same with the ones I have.

Also I don’t know what to tell you I have the same MD5 as you for the bases file. Try running the av as stateful and see if that works. If it does something else is amiss.

Well a few things to try/check.

1. Maybe double check under D+ > Trusted Files and make sure these files aren’t there.
    1a. Check Quarantined Files in AV, and Blocked files under D+ also. perhaps can’t scan because can’t access.

2. Try as suggested to disable AV then reboot, re-enable.

3. Run the installer, to repair if option available. Or uninstall AV component. Reboot.
    Re-install AV component, reboot.

This is indeed strange behavior, as you say it still makes other detections at the time. Correct?

Bad

same problem with this file : http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=3df4b357fa5318705c96859800fd987dc11a50166696f09ce7902412bffd9b4f-1285437074

not detected on my computer (real time and on demand scan ) with high heuristic :-TD :-TD >:(
and detected on VT with the same AV database.

That’s a pity ! what’s wrong with the av ?

I still get detection with othe malwares.

Thanks languy99 and Bad Frogger for helping me :slight_smile:

First I did another scan in Safemode and WoW!!! CIS detected them ! ;D
Then I restarted my laptop… uninstalled CIS… Restarted againe… run CCleaner and re-installed CIS

the first thing that I did after reinstalling was update the database and then I changed settings to the same settings as before uninstalling CIS.

Now what happen? I did a manual scan and CIS detected them!

What was the problem?! I don’t know :slight_smile:

Thanks againe to all :smiley:

either something was corrupted or some weird setting got changed and you didn’t notice it.

The scan in safe mode didn’t work for me…
still stuck with that problem

ok, the file was in my case only detected at execution . I ran it and it was detected. The real time scan and on demand scan didn’t catch it… weird isn’t it ? ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o

Do u use Proactive Security or Internet Security mode?

I used proactive security and I had the same issues maybe if you change the configuration to Internet Security can help.

If it didn’t helped then try to re-installing CIS like I did. :slight_smile:

Try uninstalling and then re-installing the application from scrap.

See what happens.

I use proactive security.

I’m fed up re-installing Cis… it should work, that’s all.

i finally re installed, tried internet security and proactive… and still not detected…

again one : http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=08540cbac0afc91cf03f417217df7bf97a268c05a452b015f6657acbea4bf45b-1285682474

heur high, cloud on, nothing.
Ps : i run the application, 0 detection, anyway its not a malware, but av fail again

Hello MOVEAX,

Thank you for pointing this to us. We’ll check the file and if found to be malware detection will be added.

Best regards,
suhaifeng