Make the Lists For The Firewall & HIPS Rules Sortable [M944]

Hi mouse1!

Your variations certainly sound workable - I’m glad you understand the situation :slight_smile:

I mentioned the separate interface (should have probably used the term “window”), because I thought you could just re-use most of the layout code and just not have it linked to the priority - maybe have a button on the existing window to click on and give you the LIST/SORT “window” (with the appropriate window title, so you know what you are looking at) - that way people would have to knowingly click the button to access it.

I have posted the revised suggestion in the tracker and await feedback. Thanks for your help. Mike

I’d vote thumbs up for the ability to sort any panel according to some column heading ascending / decending in a display mode. This could be some functionality in the advanced tasks panel exclusively.

What is more functionally useful is the ability to re-arrange items in any list. I feel the drag / drop functionality of v5.12 is arguably better then the present mechanism. I’ll acquiesce to the move up / down function approximates that and after using it for a while, its o.k.

BUT, the functionality is completely missing within Network Zones. Nor is it available withing file-group maintenance.

As far as Network Zones re-location, I used that a lot previously. I incorporate IP address by domain name with application specific suffix. This cuts down on duplicate rules. Now when I sort the Network zones alphabetically, and I move a newly created domain name zone adjacent to pre-exsiting zone for a different app, I consolidate the two zones, and suffix the zone name w/ both app names. Then I update the rules for both apps to utilize the one zone.

Presently when a new Network Zone is created, it goes to the bottom of the list and there’s no way to move it.