Major Problems

Hello, Im having some major problems. Every night this firewall causes my pc to crash to the blue screen of death. I host a few websites on my computer so I leave it running 24/7, everytime I goto sleep and wake up, it’s always the same… My PC is crashed because of “cmdmon.sys”.I also notice that if you try to play some full-screen games which connect to the internet, it causes me to have to restart my pc because it wont switch out of fullscreen to allow me to accept the connection (and when I try to alt-tab, cntrl+esc or cntrl+alt+esc, nothing happens). So in order to play some games, I need to shut-down the firewall which I hate doing. Also It rarely remembers when I click “remember this action” for when a program connects, so everytime I have to constantly allow every program that I want to connect to the internet. Another problem I am having is sometimes it goes crazy and asks for a million programs to connect to the internet which arent even running, or havent been running for hours. and if I don’t allow them in time (specifically Svchost), I lose the internet alltogether. Are there any fix’s to these problems besides finding a new firewall?

Here is my system:

WinXP SP2
Comodo firewall autoupdated
ATI catalyst (updated)

Can you plese send the memory dumps of the crash so that we can see whats going on. What does the blue screen say?

Thx,
Egemen

Thanks for the response :slight_smile: Could you tell me where I can find the memory dump?

You can find them at C:\WINDOWS\Minidump directory. The name of the dump file should tell the date.

Thank you,
Egemen

Here’s the link:

Hmmm. What other security software do you have installed? Or exactly what other internet enabled software do you have?

I use no other security software besides comodo firewall. I mean, other than spyware scanners etc. And the only progs I use which connect to the net are apache for my websites, MSN messenger, and a little program I wrote which generates an image randomly on port 8080 for the signature of a forum im a member of. Other than that, its just games here and there.

Ok. Thank you very much. Lets see why this is about. If you have any other memory dumps, can you also send them as well?

Thx,
Egemen

Here’s one from a couple of days ago, not sure if it’ll help:

Yes it helped. We will be fixing the issue with other issues on Tuesday update.

Thx,
Egemen

Thanks alot! I look forward to the update :slight_smile:

IF you can PM me your email address, i can send you the updated driver to see if it solves your problem. This way we will make sure that the issue is solved.

Egemen

Although we have fixed some possible causes, further analysis also points that there is a hardware malfunction which cause this issue:

Probably caused by : hardware ( cmdmon!TcpSend+d2 )

I am not sure which hardware but RAM or Network Card are the most common 2 i can think of.
Let us know if the problem persists.

Thx,
Egemen