MAGICJACK and COMODO FIREWALL / USB VOIP INTERACTION

MagicJack is a usb connected voip adapter. When it is running (which is always) it constantly updates files, which are always named the same, but changed. The result is that Comodo Firewall accumulates thes in the “waiting for your review” files section. Is there some way to get together with MagicJack so that these files are considered OK without the need for this interaction to constantly take place?

Hi anetstationdotcom

Depending on the version of CFP that you have (3.0.22.349 being the latest), with CFP Firewall & Defense+ set to “Safe Mode” it doesn’t put any (well, I haven’t seen any yet) in the Pending Files list (waiting for your review). Is that what you mean?

edited

Got the latest version since it came out, it’s in the safe mode, and they keeps-comin’

Apparently, I was wrong anyway… files are only placed in the Pending Files list when Defense+ is in “Clean PC Mode”. But, I guess that doesn’t help anyway… since you’re still getting them (even though you’re not using that mode).

Can you post a screen shot of your Pending Files list so I can see what you mean. Can you also confirm which component of CFP (Firewall or Defense+) is detecting these files. Thanks.

Will do, make take a day or so. Thanks

Well. . . . what is the result; How do you get MagicJack to work with Comodo Firewall & BoClean???

Hi xEldubbx, welcome to the forums.

This topic wasn’t about getting MagicJack to work with CFP, apparently it worked fine for anetstationdotcom. The problem was that MagicJack files were continuously appearing in CFPs Pending List, despite CFP not being in the required Mode for Pending File creations. So, it worked… but was generating lots of Pending File entries. If you’re having a different problem with MagicJack & CFP, please create a new topic in this section. Thanks.

Oh Ok. . .thanks. . .

You can add it to the firewall and D+ as trusted. I do this with all my programs. Open up Comodo and go to Firewall/Advanced/Network Security Policy and add your programs there as trusted. Then go to D+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy and add your programs there as trusted. You can also put the firewall and D+ in training mode for a bit. This worked for another person with the same issue.

I’m not afraid to ask a ‘stupid question’. . .so hear it is:

What is ‘D+’?

Defense + is the HIPS proecttion of Comodo. You installed Comodo so you should take time to learn whats its all about. When you open up Comodo you see 4 tabs on the top. Click the D+. Here is an explanation of D+ (HIPS) off the main page.

Defense+ Host Intrusion Prevention System

With Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0, we added another critical layer of protection to an already excellent firewall. Defense+ is one of the most advanced Host Intrusion Prevention Systems available in any desktop security program.

* Bulletproof protection against root-kits, inter-process memory injections, key-loggers and more
* Authenticates the integrity of every program before allowing it to load into your computer's memory.
* Alerts you every time an unknown or untrusted applications attempts to run or install
* Blocks Viruses, Trojans and Spy-ware before they can ever get onto your system
* Prevents unauthorized modification of critical operating system files and registry entrie

Thank you, I think I’ve got it fixed now. . .
I will update to let you know the long term results. . thank you for enlightening me. . . (V) (R)